Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP! My games crash after a couple minutes, never happened before!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainBobster

CaptainBobster

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:10 PM

Hey! a week ago I upgraded to the new Nvidia driver which has optimization for Player Unknowns Battlegrounds. It was FLAWLESS and even slightly made my other games better. a couple days later, I decided to clean the inside of my pc with a compressed air can. My PC is extremely clean, so I didn't really do much except try it for the first time, making sure not to tilt it, and trying it on my hand before blowing air at my pc. After I did this, I turned on my PC and loaded up Overwatch, which crashed after playing it for 5 minutes, giving me the "Rendering device has been lost!" error. After that I tried H1Z1, which crashed after startup, being on the menu for only a minute. After that I tried Rocket League, with less intense graphics then the other games, and it ran perfectly, with only a minor issue when I alt tabbed, but that wasnt even noticeable.

Now, I can do anything on my PC besides play the games I want...

Things I've tried: Contacting Nvidia, which made me wait 1 hour, then wasted 2 hours of my time with a foreign "support agent" that could barely speak english.

Reverting to the last driver I had for my GPU

Clean reset of my windows 10

Picture of what happens when I run my games for a couple minutes http://imgur.com/a/FIZbn

PC specs:
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-6402P CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2808 Mhz, 4 Core(s)
Graphics Card Nvidia GTX 1060 3gb
Ram 8gb
x64 based Windows 10

PS: This is the first time I actually put a question on this website, so sorry if I missed anything. Im just so fed up with not being to find any answers on the internet

Edit: GPU is about 50-55 degrees celcius whilst im playing Overwatch

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaptainBobster

CaptainBobster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:57 PM

Help, anyone???

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:36 PM

check video cables make sure they are plugged in tight and also pull video card and reseat it in the slot.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,961 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:14 PM

I'd go for reseating the RAM and video card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users