Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Word Backspace Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CeramicTrauma

CeramicTrauma

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:03 PM

I was was just typing away on Microsoft Word, then, I go to backspace, and it turns the words into a blue strike through. I don't know what happened, someone have a fix?

PS: I'm new to this site, sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

First things first - welcome to BC !

This sounds like something has gone pear shaped in 'Options' but there are umpteen different version of MS Word/Office and they are all a bit different. Help us to help you. Post back with details of which version of MS Word/Office you are using and what operating system you are runniing.

If you don't know which version you are running click on 'Help' and normally the last item in the little menu that pops up is a line 'About MS Word'. Click on this and iit will tell you the version.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 CeramicTrauma

CeramicTrauma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:49 PM

First things first - welcome to BC !

This sounds like something has gone pear shaped in 'Options' but there are umpteen different version of MS Word/Office and they are all a bit different. Help us to help you. Post back with details of which version of MS Word/Office you are using and what operating system you are runniing.

If you don't know which version you are running click on 'Help' and normally the last item in the little menu that pops up is a line 'About MS Word'. Click on this and iit will tell you the version.

Chris Cosgrove

I am running Word 2016 on Windows 10.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:52 PM

See this page on disabling Track Changes

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Turn-off-track-changes-85A31F26-D593-42EB-9FE1-2FDF081D18F6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users