Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Personal Media Drive Tray ....HP Media Center PC m7330n

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Daale7905

Daale7905

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

While working on my wife's HP Media Center PC I discovered an empty bay in the front panel ( left side) that the literature that came with the computer didn't describe in any detail. I'm wondering what that bay was used for.

At the back of the empty bay there are two female connectors. The top one ( approx 1/4 inch diameter) seems to be a power supply for an accessory.  The bottom connector ( approx 3/8 x 3/8 inch)  appears to be  for some kind of electronic hardware.

I'd appreciate any comments on what that bay was intended for.

Attached File  101_1873.JPG   103.34KB   0 downloadsAttached File  101_1872.JPG   104.82KB   0 downloads 

Edited by hamluis, 04 September 2017 - 04:48 PM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users