Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help! Avast UI Does Not start

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AGBN

AGBN

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:21 PM

hi

being that this my first post, forgive me for any incomplete information or structure in the explanation of my problem. 

I run a windows 7 home premium on a 64bit processor (3.3 ghz pentium i5 2500,) with 8gb ram 

I've been experiencing difficulty login in to my Avast UI (build 17.5.2302) on windows 7.

i think this might be a symptom of a more general problem since i also noticed that i can not load Malwarebytes anymore without using chameleon. 

The same goes for my Avid application manager (sound software). it doesn't let me sign in, saying it can't connect to the servers. When i try to log in thru the website however i experience no issue on the site. 

however, at start-up the system does log in to dropbox and google however. 

i suspect malware might somehow be the culprit. 

i've tried to repair the Avast program, i've run chameleon mode for malwarebytes but found nothing except a lot of PUP notifications for the Torch browser.

any help would be more then welcome

ps: Hi to everybody here :) glad to join this community

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:50 PM

start the computer in safe mode, can you get into it then?

update and run malwarebytes in safe mode,

download and run adwcleaner,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users