Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

(Help) Microphone/Realtek Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ErDrage

ErDrage

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

Hi everybody, I have a problem with my microphone for which I can't seem to find a solution to. I've searched the internet for quite some time, and found that other people as well have the same or similar problem, but for the most part, didn't find anything that solved the problem.

Ok, so the problem is this:

I use various programs to chat and talk with people on the internet, and I didn't have any problems because I was using microphone that is in my webcam (USB connection). But now, because of work, I have to use microphone on my headphones because the webcam mic is not that good. That is where I've encountered a problem, because when I plug in the mic jack, sound on the mic is very low. And whatever I've tried it doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Additionally, when I go to Device Manager, I don't have Audio Outputs and Inputs!

I have custom built desktop computer:

- Windows 7-64bit

- ASUS M5A97 R2.0 with Realtek onboard audio driver

- AMD FX™-8350 8-core processor

- NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (currently), but will use Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X when I get adequate power supply

I have tried:

- Updating and reinstalling Realtek drivers, using both ASUS and Realtek sites for newest drivers

- Using front and rear audio plug-in

- Using the mic without Realtek HD Audio Manager (unistalling)

- Changing microphone (bought new headphones)

- Tried all Sound>Recording options, boosting mic, set mic as default, disabling other mics, etc...

- Changing to "separate all input jacks as independent input devices" in Realtek Audio Manager

... I am running out of options and I'm becoming desperate, so it would be really nice if someone happens to know the solution to the problem, or has had the same problem and fixed it.

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Edited by hamluis, 04 September 2017 - 02:31 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:05 AM

are you sure it's not the mic itself?  you've done everything I would suggest.

#3 ErDrage

ErDrage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:22 AM

I am sure. Because I have tried different mics and it is the same result. I could hear it, but I have to speak very loudly and boost the mic. I think that it is the issue with Realtek software, something about how he registers the mic jack, but I haven't found what is the REAL problem so that I could solve it. I've contacted Realtek support but I still haven't heard from them... So I am asking to see if there is some way around it (except the obvious of using usb headphones), because I know some people have had same/similar problem... 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

Is this the front mic jack? Have to tried the mic jack in the back of the computer? In the Realtek Audio Manager I believe there is a setting to disable front jack detection. How is that checked.

See this video. Solution starts at 3:12

#5 YojimboSan

YojimboSan

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 AM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:41 PM

I work with Speech Microphones and whenever I see this issue, if it isn't all the things you tried above, many times it is the onboard soundcard itself. With isn't good because the only way to replace it is to replace the motherboard. That being said, if it is under warranty, you can involve the manufacturer and in many cases get the motherboard replaced. 

Generally, you try the same mic on two different machines. If it works on one but not the other, you know its the machine. Are you able to test this machine with other mics?

Then its a matter of it being a hardware or software issue. If it isn't the driver, and you tried all different ports, then it really seems like a MB issue to me. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users