Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does not show only my wifi router in the network list

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 armaanm33

armaanm33

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:59 AM

Greetings!

I have a 32 bit lenovo laptop.

A little while ago, I observed this problem that only my wifi router is'nt available in the list of available networks, moreover, every possible network around is shown.

I would be highly thankful with your help.

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kamara

kamara

• Banned Spammer
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

I have a HP EliteBook 8460P laptop. I also have the same case, how can anyone help me solve this problem?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

I have a HP EliteBook 8460P laptop. I also have the same case, how can anyone help me solve this problem?

Your problem may be very similar to the one the OP is experiencing, but this usually doesn't turn out to be the case.  There usually are enough differences that what works for one may not work for another.

I would suggest opening you own topic. :thumbup2:

Greetings!

I have a 32 bit lenovo laptop.

A little while ago, I observed this problem that only my wifi router is'nt available in the list of available networks, moreover, every possible network around is shown.

I would be highly thankful with your help.

Thank you!

Open the Network troubleshooter by right-clicking the network icon in the notification area and then selecting Troubleshoot problems.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

I'd suggest both posters check, at the very least, if SSID broadcasting is enabled in their new modem-routers.  Not knowing the brands it's impossible for me to get more specific, but all modem-routers or straight wireless routers I've worked with have this feature.  Here's a screen shot from my Actiontec modem-router for the appropriate settings screen with the setting you need to check on your own router highlighted:

Attached File  SSID_Setup.jpg   80.68KB   0 downloads

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users