Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet radio

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:51 AM

hi to all,

i am looking for a free windows programs to run an internet radio from my pc

no automation software is needed since we are planning to use play lists

i don;t know if wit the windows media player 10 we can create any play list and live stream

i have some friends from a local club that they are interested to start an internet radio 

i only know that we have to setup our desktop to act as a server with a static ip since the adsl we have give us only a dynamic ip

our dsl is an 3 mbits with an upload speed of 700 kbps and we are interested to live stream windows media audio (max 128 kbps)

any help would be of a great help

many thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,721 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

Remember - Google is your friend !  Took me all of 30 seconds to find this and give it a quick look, should give you a starting point :

https://radio.co/blog/best-radio-broadcasting-software-you-should-know/

Just one point to remember - if you are transmitting this publicly, and if you are doing it over the internet you almost certainly will be, you are likely to get the copyright people after you for royalties. In the UK they are called the Performing Rights Society and they are fairly keen on collecting royalties. Even if you don't have such a body in Cyprus the music companies are likely to take an interest.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 nickos

nickos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:27 AM

dear chris,

i thank you so much for the reply

yes, i know all about copyrights and certainly we have the same copyright law in cyprus as well !

copyright law is an international law and not only within europe

our internet radio will broadcast only original material like speeches, lectures, our music (some of my music and music from some of the club's members)

There is no  any copyright infringement at all here

actually we were thinking to transmit on fm on but the cost is too high since we have to paid for license (per year), fm transmitter, antenna etc...

so the internet radio is a good choice if finally we decide to go for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users