Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Craziness!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Thunderware

Thunderware

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 13 December 2004 - 05:40 AM

Hi guys... I am having a weird experience on my PC. I am using Win98(SE), AOL 9.0, and Internet Explorer 6 SP1. I connect via dial up. Well... I have no problems getting online or browsing 90% of the time, but lately while attempting to open a web page (Even this one) I keep getting pop up error messages saying I am not online though I "AM"? Also... If I attempt to download something or even play a movie clip via "Windows Media Player" it tells me I'm not online and to connect to the internet. There is no check mark in the "Work offline" section under "File" in my IE browser ever either. I have used and tried the following to attempt repair... Spybot, No Adware, Spy Sweeper, Ad aware SE, McAfee AVERT Stinger, CWshredder, Re-installed IE6, Re-Installed the AOL adapter, Run scandisk, Run Norton repair utility, Ran the windows registry repair utility, and a program called w2fix.... Here are two recent pics of my new friends that keep popping up, though I am connected to the internet!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have "Hijack This", and here's my scan log... Everything look ok? Thanks in advance for your time and help....

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 4:22:15 AM, on 12/13/04
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\AOL\ACS\AOLACSD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AVPERSONAL\AVGCTRL.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\AOL\ACS\AOLDIAL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCSS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AMERICA ONLINE 9.0A\WAOL.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AMERICA ONLINE 9.0A\SHELLMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AMERICA ONLINE 9.0A\AOLWBSPD.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\MY DOCUMENTS\HJT\HIJACKTHIS19802.EXE

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explorer for 2 Turtles...
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVGCtrl] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AVPERSONAL\AVGCTRL.EXE /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [AolAcsDaemon1] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\AOL\ACS\AOLACSD.EXE"
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: Domain = aoldsl.net
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer = 205.241.18.8,65.169.254.5
O18 - Protocol: start - (no CLSID) - (no file)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 14 December 2004 - 01:23 PM

Do you know something about these ? Your ISP provider ?

ARIN Whois
rgName: Sprint
OrgID: SPRN
Address: 12502 Sunrise Valley Drive
City: Reston
StateProv: VA
PostalCode: 20196

ARIN Whois

Sprint SPRINTLINK-2-BLKS
JCN INTERNET SERVICES

Run HijackThis!, press Scan, and put a check mark next to all these:

O18 - Protocol: start - (no CLSID) - (no file)

Close all other windows and browsers, and press the Fix Checked button.

REBOOT and post a new log.
Everyday is virus day. Do you know where your recovery CDs are ?
Did you create them yet ?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users