Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor gives no signal anymore after going from win7 to win10 and back to win7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 reverse

reverse

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:17 AM

EDIT: Nevermind! In an embarassing example of Ockham's Razor, it turns out last night I was a complete idiot and I plugged the HDMI cable into the integrated GPU instead of my actual one. Please close (if not delete) this thread, sorry.

I have a desktop with Windows 7 on it, and I use a Hannsg HL226 HDMI monitor with it: have been using it for years with no problems, until today.

I had to restore a separate desktop computer to factory settings, so I brought it home, unplugged mouse, hdmi cable, keyboard, wifi receiver and power cord from my computer to plug them on this other computer and do what I had to do: everything worked fine.

Once I was finished, I put everything back as it was before and, surprise, my monitor won't cooperate with my computer anymore, showing "no signal".

Without the screen working, I typed in my password and asked a friend to message me on Steam, which yielded the notification sound, so my pc and all the other components are working just fine.

I tried unplugging and plugging the monitor a couple of times to no avail.

I tried unplugging it, holding the power button for 10 seconds, and pluging it in agAin, but nothing happened.

The user manual of the monitors shows no sign of a way to reset it, all I can do is open a menu to choose between VGA, HDMI etc., which is set to HDMI as usual.

I do not currently have access to a VGA cable for testing.

What is going on? What can I do?

Edited by reverse, 04 September 2017 - 08:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 09 September 2017 - 08:02 AM

Thanks for letting us know...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users