Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sorry, we can't connect to Microsoft services at the moment.....Please Help

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Nites2k

Nites2k

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:05 PM

Essentially I have been using my computer running on windows 8 for a few years with zero issues. I have used the computer for basically just gaming and internet. One day I went to launch one of the games I (Battlefield 1) play almost daily and it failed to launch. I tried a few other games & software that are recent (battlefield 4, batman, GTA5, Adobe Premiere, etc) and they all had launch issues and some stating they could not connect to the internet.

I noticed two main things when this problem first started. One is that it appears that the games are having trouble either getting permission to access internet or something is preventing them from launching. The second was that I noticed that my start tiles for apps for windows 8, on the start page, were no longer updating. Furthermore I could not download new apps or create a new account to launch and play my games that way because I would receive this error message consistently:

"Sorry, we couldn´t connect to Microsoft services at the moment, if this problem persists search for 'network problems' on then start screen"

Obviously I tried searching this in addition to doing the most basic typical solutions with zero luck. Of course I am connected to the internet via direct connection and when I try to make another account to switch to I get the same message. I believe this issue is the culprit that is affecting my programs. I have spent countless days searching the web for a solution with no luck, I am actually praying someone could help me here!!!

Thank you for your consideration in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:36 AM

Can you get online without trying to launch a game?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Nites2k

Nites2k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:13 PM

Yes, I can use my web browsers, play a few games online (older ones), access steam, not soo much origins, I can access the app store for Microsoft but get the error when I try to download.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,291 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

Press the Windows key and the R key together, this will open the Run box.

When the Run box opens type service.msc, then click/tap on OK.

When Services open scroll down to Microsoft Account Sign-in Assistant.

Double slick on this service to open properties.  The startup type should be set to Manual

If you see Startup status    Stopped in the lower left portion click/tap on Start, then Apply, and OK.

Please download and run the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter.

When the troubleshooter opens click/tap on next and allow the troubleshooter to run.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Nites2k

Nites2k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:38 PM

Hello!

I did what you requested for me to do with not luck. When I went into the properties it was a set to automatic and was on stopped. I made the proper changes and ran the troubleshooter. The troubleshooter said I need a Microsoft account which I cant understand because I have never changed my account since I've had the computer for more than two years. I closed the program once it was done and restarted the computer. No luck, thank you very much for the possible solution, my heart was pumping hard hoping it was going to fix it ;(

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,291 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:41 AM

A Microsoft Account isn't the same thing as a User Account.

Have you ever used Outlook.com, Hotmail, Office 365, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, or Windows? The email address and password you use for any of those services is your Microsoft account.  If you have not used any of these you will need to make a Microsoft account.  Follow the instructions below to create your account.

Press the Windows key windows-key.png  and the I key to open Settings.

Select Accounts, thenEmail & app accounts.

Follow the prompts to add your Microsoft account. You may need to verify your identity by entering a confirmation code.

Edited by dc3, 11 September 2017 - 08:42 AM.

#7 Nites2k

Nites2k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:44 PM

Hello,

When I pressed the two buttons on the keyboard "Settings" came up but did not have an option for accounts. However I selected Pc settings in the bottom of the corner and within that was an option for accounts. When I try to add or create a new account I get the same error message "Sorry, we couldn´t connect to Microsoft services at the moment, if this problem persists search for 'network problems'"

Gah so frustrating!

#8 BrokenCloud

BrokenCloud

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 26 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

Here's an article regarding this issue...

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/09/25/kb4038792-blocks-microsoft-account-sign-ins-for-some-windows-8-1-users/

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,291 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:12 AM

Press the Windows key windows-key.png  and the R key to open the Run box.

Copy and paste cmd (admin) in the Run box, then click/tap of OK

Copy and paste the commands below one at a time and pressing Enter after each command is pasted in.  After the first command you may be asked to restart the computer, ignore it and go on to the second command.

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

Close the Command Prompt and restart the computer.

#10 Nites2k

Nites2k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:04 PM

When I try typing one of the commands I get this response:

"The requested operation requires elevation <Run as administrator>."

Which does not make sense because I copied and pasted cmd (admin) and my account is the administrator but a local account

I will check out the article BrokenCloud thank you

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,291 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:31 AM

Try this...

Press the Windows key windows-key.png  and the X key to open the Windows menu.

From the menu select command prompt (admin), this will open the Command Prompt.  Copy and paste the two commands below one at a time pressing Enter after each command.

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

#12 Nites2k

Nites2k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:49 PM

I do not understand but u freakin fixed one game!!! This is a semi-common issue for the game portion for a large amount of players and you solved it!! I never thought it would be that simple and have no idea how it became broken in the first place. I played battlefield 1 for the first time in four months and I felt like I was going to cry from joy. I have been playing the franchise of games my entire life and that was massive change in my life that left a bit of a hole. However I did notice that I still could not download/ purchase things from the Microsoft store as I still get the same error message. But the welcome titles update and everything else seems to be working fine. i guess its not totally fixed as I still cannot connect to a Microsoft account as I get the same error message:

"Sorry, we couldn´t connect to Microsoft services at the moment, if this problem persists search for 'network problems'"

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Tree Hugger

• Members
  • 29,291 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:19 AM

Please download and run Windows Repair (All In One).

Windows Repair (All in one)

Please download and install Windows Repair (All in one).

Notice:  This will take a long time to run, please allow for at least an hour for this to complete.  Stopping this can cause damage to the operating system.

When the installation begins you will need to agree withe the End User License Agreement .

When you open the Windows Repair (All in one) you will see tabs labeled Steps 1. through 5.  Then Repairs and Settings2. through 4. are optional.

Step 1.  Do a Proper Power Reset.  This step is not required and can be scipped.  Click/tap on Start Scan.

i3oF587.png

Step 2.  Clean Your System From Infections (Optional).  This option will run Malwarebytes Antimalware if you choose to.

XJw7s8n.png

Step 3.  Check File System (Optional), this will give you the option to see if you need to run chkdsk or the option to run chkdsk.

sajq6Jn.png

Step 4.  System File Check (sfc /scannow), (Optional).

7vkWmDY.png

Step 5.  Registry Backup & System Restore.  This is not optional.
Click on Backup for the Registry, then click on Create for the System Restore.

mUGGk8r.png

Repairs.  Click on Start.

77oQk76.png

You will see an image similar to the one below, click on Start Repairs  

77oQk76.png

When the Repair has finished you will be asked if you want to restart your computer, click on Yes.

After the computer is restarted you will need to reopen Windows Repair and go to Settings

Settings.  On this page you will see Log Location, in the same section you will find Open Log Folder.  Click on Open Log Folder, this will open the log files, double click on this, then click on _Windows_Repair_Log.  Copy the log and then paste it in your topic.

gARZBUd.png  

Tweaks is optional, you can go to these sites and use the tweaks.

ducl532.png

#14 Nites2k

Nites2k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:01 PM

Sorry I have been slow to do this and reply, I have not found a moment to try this but I will soon and post my results!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users