Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Old dinosaur walks into BleepingComputer.com and looks around

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 williamebales

williamebales

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:23 PM

Hello to everyone here at BleepingComputer.com,

I've been in the electronic and computer science fields for almost 40 years. I began my career sitting in a room feeding vanilla index cards into mainframes computers. That was before Windows 3.1 was released to the public. Many years have gone by during those early days and since then I dedicated my entire life to finding solutions to major problems. I like to strain my brain and think outside the box with the knowledge and skills that I've learned over the years. Today I thought I would introduce myself to a new website and see where I may make a difference. I can't promise anything but I am proud of my achievements.

I have dedicated 25 years in the realm of understanding security concerns in IT. I was there when the "I Love You Virus" otherwise known as the "Melissa Virus" hit the world. Since then I specialized in developing security processes that are disruptive technologies. The world is in an "evolutionary" state where "revolutionary" was in play. This is my way of coming out of the house in 40 years and hopefully leave behind a benefit to mankind. Well that's it for me. Hello again and I look forward as time permits to spread some knowledge around and give a little insight as to what's coming.

@@Williamebales

:busy:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:32 PM

Welcome aboard williamebales. BC is a huge site, so if you get a bit lost, don't hesitate to ask questions. :)
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 williamebales

williamebales
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:17 PM

Welcome aboard williamebales. BC is a huge site, so if you get a bit lost, don't hesitate to ask questions. :)

Thank you I will.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:53 PM

And don't worry about the 'Old' bit. there are some members considerably senior to you.

Still, I suppose 'Middle aged dinosaur' doesn't have quite the same cachet !

Chris Cosgrove

#5 williamebales

williamebales
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:58 PM

And don't worry about the 'Old' bit. there are some members considerably senior to you.

Chris Cosgrove

Is this "The Benefactor"?

#6 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,677 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:37 PM

Chris knows.  I among the many are actually of retirement age but are still "working".  Like William, I started with the old IBM card readers and moved quickly to teletype machines and punched paper tape.  None of that exists anymore except in a museum.  I learned 50 years ago that being able to fix things others don't understand made me a valuable commodity.  Having began in the vacuum tube era and experimented with transistors in electronics class in 1965, the advances have been just as meteoric in the communications areas.  As a field service engineer I spend all my time out of the lab, serving clients I've had for 30 years.  I still feel blessed to retain my health and good driving record after reaching that golden number of 65.  Retire???  Not in the near future, I enjoy my work, my clients and don't mind driving that much.  I see no reason to stop now.

#7 williamebales

williamebales
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:09 AM

Chris Cosgrove

Is this "The Benefactor"?

Ok, thought this was IMDB Chris Cosgrove but I guess not. Sorry.

#8 williamebales

williamebales
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:13 AM

Chris knows.  I among the many are actually of retirement age but are still "working".  Like William, I started with the old IBM card readers and moved quickly to teletype machines and punched paper tape.  None of that exists anymore except in a museum.  I learned 50 years ago that being able to fix things others don't understand made me a valuable commodity.  Having began in the vacuum tube era and experimented with transistors in electronics class in 1965, the advances have been just as meteoric in the communications areas.  As a field service engineer I spend all my time out of the lab, serving clients I've had for 30 years.  I still feel blessed to retain my health and good driving record after reaching that golden number of 65.  Retire???  Not in the near future, I enjoy my work, my clients and don't mind driving that much.  I see no reason to stop now.

LOL Oh yes I remember those days. In fact, let me share a little something. Here's an old bio at one of my websites I'm working on.

https://vpostechnologies.wordpress.com/board/president-and-ceo/  This is NOT a promotional link of anykind just a bio link.

Edited by williamebales, 05 September 2017 - 05:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users