Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet works on all my devices except for my laptop?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lac668

lac668

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:35 PM

Hi, I need some help with an internet issue on my laptop. I have an HP 2000, and it's either windows 8 or 10. Anyway, the internet works on all of my devices (smartphone) but my laptop. So I go into command prompt and under "wireless LAN adapter local area connection" it tells me that the media state is disconnected. It used to be that it was working off and on, but now it just won't work period. On my wifi settings it shows that my internet connection is"connected, secured" but when I try going to a website, it just keeps loading and shows at the bottom left corner that it's "waiting" for the website. I know very little about this stuff, but if anyone can help me figure it out, it would be very appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:37 AM

Not sure how the WiFi can be "connected, secured" if the wireless adapter is disconnected.

If you go to your Network Connections (I believe that's still under Network and Internet in the Control Panel on your version of Windows), find your wireless connection and select Diagnose this connection. That should correct any issues. If not, it's possible the WiFi adapter itself may need to be replaced. You'd have to take that in to be repaired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users