Hi. I am new to these forums and I am doing my best to follow the posting and rule guidelines.
Right, so this has been persisting for about 2 weeks or so now. While I'm browsing websites with Google Chrome that would normally be considered safe (i.e. Deviantart, scrolling through google images results), sometimes I get the following warnings:
This has confused me greatly because I have not experienced any other symptoms such as crashes, redirections, etc. I have ran scans with the following software and found no results:
- AVAST Free AV: both a fulltime scan while in windows and a boottime scan
- MBAM: both in and out of safe mode with the rootkit detection option checked
- HitmanPro: both in and out of safe mode
- Adwcleaner: both in and out of safe mode
- Super Anti Spyware Free Edition: both in and out of safe mode.
- TDSSKiller: In safe mode. The program fails to open at all outside of safe mode.
There is no particular consistency in how I receive such URL:Mal warnings; I had gone a week without receiving any which was after I had done a system restore to a previous date where I did not have this issue. I am concerned because today the one on the left is a new one, it was always just the single one on the right. I have also not noticed unusual network usage this entire time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
UPDATE: I found out that TDSSKiller wasnt being prevented from running by anything malicious, it was because of Avast.
Edited by Winter316, 03 September 2017 - 03:03 PM.