Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scanner does not find malware...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KeZa

KeZa

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:33 AM

Hello,

​I have a problem that I never had has before....

I have downloaded a program .exe file and I have scanned it with AVG and even the free Kaspersky scanner and they found nothing but when I go to install it,  then suddenly AVG & Crystal Security find a trojan ATOS5.GOZ in the exe. file. I do not get my head around it that no scanner, and I have tried many more since I had this problem, can find something before??!!

And it is not an download .exe that download first in the background and I cannot upload it to Viristotal or any other because it is more then 200MB. Until know I have found no program to extract this .exe file first and then scan it. So I want to know exactly how I need to trace this kind of malware Trojans because this is a big security issue and yes I download from torrents but until know I have no problems at all. And it says that it is a trojan ransomware so this is not to be treated lightly but how do I scan for this malware when the files are bigger then 140mb because that is the max. limit (with metadefender free) that I can upload?

Kind regards,

Kevin z. from Belgium

Edited by hamluis, 03 September 2017 - 06:18 AM.
No logs, moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KeZa

KeZa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:53 AM

No ideas from anyone?  I thought that this was the place for security issues...

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:18 AM

Start a new topic here,maybe they can upload it.

Do steps 6 and 7.

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 KeZa

KeZa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:51 AM

Hi thnx for the tip but I do not know what to do with it? I know that all and FRST logs has nothing to do with this...

Here is everything clean and oke but I want to know how it can be that when I scan this exe container file with scanners they do not find anything (Kaspersky, AVG, ...) but when I want to install it and it extract, then it finds a trojan. I have never has this before. I'm researching it what this can be why no scanner can find it...

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:31 PM

Ask to upload the file but you need to post the FRST LOG or they will skip over the topic
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users