Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do you present your website to your host?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:58 AM

Hey, once you've written your website in, let's say, notepad and have the complete .txt or.html file with the source code for the website, and you've chosen a host for it, how do you present it to your host? Do you just send it to them via e-mail after purchasing their service and they host it for you? That definitely can't be it, right? So, how does it work?:)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2017 - 03:09 AM

What? If you have a hosting server then just upload your website to this server. There's a folder for your web page. There's usually a public_html folder for that folder, but on some servers it might be different.
And You cannot do not send nothing with email, but You must login to server cpanel and use upload system or use some ftp for uploading anything. Mosy known is FileZilla Server, which is free for everyone and works with most of servers.

#3 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:34 AM

Yeah, I presumed what I asked would be complete nonsense. So, if I get this correctly, once I purchase a hosting service, they give me a link in which there's a folder in which I post my website, so that they can then begin hosting it? If that is correct, do you just upload the Notepad file with the source code for your website to that folder and then they start hosting it on the Internet under the domain that you've chosen? :)

Edited by Just_One_Question, 03 September 2017 - 06:34 AM.

#4 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:12 AM

If you have your domain name hosted at that location.

And you have written your website on your local computer.
Upload it to your host as Zainmax posted above.

If you are using notepad ftp the files to your public_html directories the same as you have written them.

#5 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:17 AM

I see. Thanks!:)

#6 managel

managel

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:56 AM

Most good shared hosts have great support teams. They can help you host your website. 

Most Linux Web Hosts have a folder called public_html and that would be your root.    Put the files there. 

Your domains will be pointing that location. 

See some Youtube videos on the topic and read some articles. Then try it out.  You will learn by doing. 

Don't worry about messing up.  You will learn well if you try doing this many times.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users