Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a virus stopping me from accessing the internet!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rickster26ter

rickster26ter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:32 AM

Ok, I have viewed tons of other posts like this, but let me tell you about my specific problem.

I performed the "clean" test on windows 10, and removed everything. This was to remove something that was keeping me from getting online. It was also giving me the blue screen of death that windows found an error and needed to restart repeatedly.

Thankfully, that doesn't happen now. I installed the computer with AVG, Malwarebytes, Super Antispyware, and ESET Nod32. They found some spyware, but none of -what I think is malware- not even Malwarebytes! So, after restarting, the programs, except Super Antispyware, are all gone!

They have been removed from my machine! Just disappeared like that. I have made sure that "auto detect proxy" options has been checked in internet options, flushed and restarted the dns, and removed any extensions that I weren't 100% sure of on my browsers. I don't have internet, but I can get stuff on my other computer, and download on that computer, but it is very limited since I can't update(no online access) or anything like that.

One other thing. AVG did find a file that was suspisious, but it could not delete it, nor could I. Even with admin access, or trying to delete it by pressing open through notepad, or the control pannel. Everything. That file is stuck there for good. Any more Ideas? The weirdest thing is that down on the bottom right, It says that I am indeed connected to the internet, over a secured connection. However, the browser always says I am not connected.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Edited by hamluis, 02 September 2017 - 12:26 PM.
Edited for readability - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rickster26ter

rickster26ter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:34 PM

Actually I found the answer to my problem. It was a vpn service that was putting an auto firewall on my connection when the program was even open, to stop me from using my ip. We're all good here! Very specific, but may help 1 or 2 people...

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for posting the solution!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users