Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All ports not working (DVI, USB)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jupiternerd

Jupiternerd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:15 AM

All th ports with the monitor, mouse, keyboard and webcams are not working. I have tried with a different monitor to see if it works but it stills keep showing "No signal". After booting up the computer it dies and then reboot again on its own. The mouse lights up for a second but then dies.

Sorry if I described multiple problems withen the same post, I just thought they might be related.

I dont know about the hardwares but its a Asus motherboard.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:32 AM

Try a different PSU?

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:40 AM

What operating system are you running?  We are limited in what can be suggested by the lack of information.

Let's see if I've got this straight, you have multiple USB ports which are not working, your monitor isn't getting a signal, and the computer will not boot to Windows.

Can you boot into the BIOS?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 841 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:48 PM

i would also check internal fans mainly the fan on the CPU and make sure it spinning.  could be an overheating issue.  it doesn't take long for the cpu to hit a critical temp and shut down the computer.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:13 AM

i would also check internal fans mainly the fan on the CPU and make sure it spinning.  could be an overheating issue.  it doesn't take long for the cpu to hit a critical temp and shut down the computer.

I doubt that this is a overheating issue.  If the computer was shutting down because it is overheated it would not immediately restart as the OP has indicated.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users