Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to conect to the internet

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 bobbymcgee

bobbymcgee

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:45 AM

Greetings, my problem started when microsoft updated a driver for the network adapter(Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Flight) now when I log on there is a little red x on the network icon in the tasktray anyway when I hit troubleshoot it says the (above adapter) is experiencing driver or hardware problems. When I hit fix it says wired network adapter is experiencing problems, or the device cannot start code 10, or the network address in the request is invalid followed by c0230022. (The pc in question is windows 10 pro/ the pc I am on now is win 7 home) I have tried system restore, uninstall driver, rollback driver, called my IP(verizon) nothing is fixing the problem.(Werizon reset the router that didn,t even work) So any help will be appreciated. Thx :smash:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:47 AM

go into device manager and delete/uninstall ALL network adapters,

restart the computer and let windows install the drivers,

if you start in safe mode does it connect then?

#3 bobbymcgee

bobbymcgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:36 AM

No change after attempting these two suggestions. Someone suggested I need a new Ethernet cable  but that's not an issue because the one I used on win 10 is the same I'm using on win 7. Thnx for the suggestions :unsure:

#4 eitama

eitama

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:23 PM

OP, I just started having the exact same problem.

Mainboard is H55M-S2H, yes it's super old, but runs a core i5-750 in the livingroom no problem.

Anyway, seeing your post makes me believe it's really a driver problem.

I'll look for a solution and share if I find one.

#5 eitama

eitama

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:33 PM

Well, my solution.

Until Microsoft fixes this stupid update, I disabled Hardware drivers update via windows update (google it...)

AND,

In device manager located the Realtek GBE (Realtek 8111D in my case), right click, update driver, Browse my computer..., let me pick, and choose the one without "Flight" in the name (WTF??)

Done.

No change after attempting these two suggestions. Someone suggested I need a new Ethernet cable  but that's not an issue because the one I used on win 10 is the same I'm using on win 7. Thnx for the suggestions :unsure:

See solution I just posted :)

#6 bobbymcgee

bobbymcgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:49 PM

Well, my solution.

Until Microsoft fixes this stupid update, I disabled Hardware drivers update via windows update (google it...)

AND,

In device manager located the Realtek GBE (Realtek 8111D in my case), right click, update driver, Browse my computer..., let me pick, and choose the one without "Flight" in the name (WTF??)

Done.

See solution I just posted :)

Followed suggestions neither worked but it did give me this error code 800705b4. Thnx 4 the help :killcomp: 

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:09 PM

Firstly try the following first as sometimes this will start Ethernet working again. Pull the power and and main battery, if a laptop and easily accessible. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the battery and power cord. Boot.

If that does not work download Windows Repair and Only check the box next to network repair. Reboot.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/

#8 bobbymcgee

bobbymcgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

Firstly try the following first as sometimes this will start Ethernet working again. Pull the power and and main battery, if a laptop and easily accessible. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the battery and power cord. Boot.

If that does not work download Windows Repair and Only check the box next to network repair. Reboot.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/

This is a pc(removing the battery etc. was one of the first things I had done) and since there is no  connection I cannot download anything.

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,612 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:09 PM

You can download the program on the Windows 7 computer and transfer using a USB flash drive if one is available.

#10 bobbymcgee

bobbymcgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:42 AM

You can download the program on the Windows 7 computer and transfer using a USB flash drive if one is available.

Would not let me install kept saying need internet connection? Device can not start code 10

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,612 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:54 AM

Right click the Realtek driver in Device Manager. Select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs. Copy and Paste the first line to a text file. Copy and Paste the first line into your next post.

#12 bobbymcgee

bobbymcgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:47 AM

Right click the Realtek driver in Device Manager. Select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs. Copy and Paste the first line to a text file. Copy and Paste the first line into your next post.

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBYS_0439102_REV_03     (this number was highlighted)

PCI\VEN_10C&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_04391028
PCI\VEN_&DEV_81168CC_02000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168CC_0200

#13 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,612 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:54 PM

Is this a Dell Computer? Just to confirm your first line is missing the last 8 digit as shown in the second line. This was a mistake, correct?

Did you get your driver from Realtek's site? Download the Windows 10 self installer. I opened the driver and the inf file has your Hardware ID so it should install correctly.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Win10 Auto Installation Program (SharedID:1152921504607324688
SId:1152921504626900399)

Edited by JohnC_21, 04 September 2017 - 12:55 PM.

#14 bobbymcgee

bobbymcgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:00 PM

Is this a Dell Computer? Just to confirm your first line is missing the last 8 digit as shown in the second line. This was a mistake, correct?

Did you get your driver from Realtek's site? Download the Windows 10 self installer. I opened the driver and the inf file has your Hardware ID so it should install correctly.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

ok thnx will give a shot :thumbup2:

#15 bobbymcgee

bobbymcgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

ok thnx will give a shot :thumbup2:

Yes it's a Dell, double checked numbers no mistake. First thing I did was go to Realtek site tried to download  said allready had latest driver but it was experiecing problems gave the following error code 0x800705b4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users