Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uber

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:29 PM

Hey, I just saw that Uber is valued at around $60 billion dollars, which makes it the biggest startup ever. Can someone who has used Uber explain what is so good about their service? Also, is it cheaper than normal Taxis?:)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:30 PM

Why I like Uber: app on my iPhone, credit card on file (no cash exchanged), no reservation, no phone number to call, very efficient, enter pickup location, destination location and select type of car and how many seats/passengers. I've had 5 of us in a car once...fabulous! One price for one car one way, pricing is upfront before you click request. Uber driver arrive time is instantly known with the driver phone number to call or text, and I can track where the driver is en route to my pickup location which is great to gather up the purse, suitcases or such and to be ready to hop in the car. Bonus for me, I've always had professional and friendly drivers! Try it JOQ!  :)

I don’t know if Uber is cheaper than a taxi, I’m not current on taxi rates for hire. I live in a residential area where it’s rare to find a taxi. If I lived in Manhattan…I’d have my thumb in the air all of the time! 

#3 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:14 AM

I see, thanks for answering. Unfortunately, I can't try out Uber myself as they were banned from Bulgaria, because the government doesn't want to mess with the 10s of thousands of taxi drivers who are potential voters.:)

#4 isaccasi

isaccasi

• Members
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 07 September 2017 - 01:40 PM

Me neither, here in Denmark some Uber drivers have been getting very large fines :lmao:

#5 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:46 PM

I refuse to use Uber as they are killing the taxi industry, Before Uber started a set of number plates cost 4 to 600 000 dollars, now they are worth under 200 000.

#6 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2017 - 04:34 PM

But who cares, if it's cheaper overall for the customer?:lmao:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users