Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A new weird issue surfing the web with IE 11.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 greysmouth

greysmouth

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:07 PM

Hi everybody and good evening,

It's been a year I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64.

No problems at all until two days ago.

Well, usually it happens on the Internet when searching for websites in general.

I received the following message: "HTTP 403 forbidden" and something like "you're not allowed to see the webpage".

So, I hope you'll be helping me, in the past I've always had the correct answer from the forum.

Thanks in advance, please let me know if a solution is available.

greysmouth BO IT.

Edited by hamluis, 01 September 2017 - 01:24 PM.
Moved from W10 Discussion to W10 Spt - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:11 PM

Could you offer a few examples of URLs you're trying to load that have given you that message?

Also, does the same URL work just fine under another browser on your own machine?

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 747 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:58 PM

Hi, yes as stated maybe you could post the url's of some of the sites, the message IE11 gives is:-

The website declined to show this webpage, the IE title bar should say 403 Forbidden.

Typically this effects all browsers, if it is a restricted site there is not much you can do about it, that's why we want to see the url's if it is restricted to you, should be also for us.

One mention is the latest Malwarebytes version runs for 14 days as a full version, some users have reported site restrictions applying before reverting to the free. Maybe some creative marketing trying to scare you, that without it, you would be going to undesirable sites.

#4 greysmouth

greysmouth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:04 PM

Hi and thanks to everyone.

What I said happened calling the HP Support website...

I had no other occasion to visit that site until now, so actually I don't know if problem still exists.

I'll let you know in a short time.

Cheers, greysmouth BO IT.

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 AM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:40 PM

Hi and thanks to everyone.

What I said happened calling the HP Support website...

I had no other occasion to visit that site until now, so actually I don't know if problem still exists.

I'll let you know in a short time.

Also try different browsers.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 greysmouth

greysmouth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:23 AM

Hi.

Well, I tried again the HP Support website, but the SmartFriend choice.

So I attached the related photo.

Now I'm going to run another browser and soon I'll be back.

Regards,

greysmouth BO IT.

Attached Files

#7 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:46 AM

Nothing weird there.  The URL http://www.hp.com/hpsupport is not valid and will give a 403 error (and does) on any browser you use to attempt to access it.  I get exactly the same error in Firefox, Chrome, and Edge.

By contrast, the valid URL, https://support.hp.com, lands you directly on the HP support page to start searching for what you need.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#8 greysmouth

greysmouth
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:02 PM

OK! Thank you so much.

Take care..

0 user(s) are reading this topic