Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Debian stuck on "Refreshing Cache"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TOMIS13LACK

TOMIS13LACK

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:20 AM

If I go to software and updates, when i leave it says that it needs to refresh the cache to make the changes or something like that. When i do it, it says refreshing cache. Sometimes the bar goes quickly, others it goes slower. No matter what when it hits the end, it stops. I then cannot do apt-get update or things like that because:

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
W: Target Packages (steam/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:71 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/steam.list:1
W: Target Packages (steam/binary-i386/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:71 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/steam.list:1
W: Target Packages (steam/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:71 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/steam.list:1
W: Target Translations (steam/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:71 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/steam.list:1
W: Target Translations (steam/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:71 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/steam.list:1
W: Target DEP-11 (steam/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:71 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/steam.list:1
W: Target DEP-11 (steam/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:71 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/steam.list:1
W: Target DEP-11-icons (steam/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:71 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/steam.list:1

This has happened to me on 2 entirely separate computers. Anyone know what the problem is and/or how to fix?

ooh, i have a signature

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TOMIS13LACK

TOMIS13LACK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:19 PM

bump

ooh, i have a signature

#3 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:20 AM

Hello TOMIS13LACK,

Since no replies I would go to Debian Forums and create an account and post your problem you are having.

An available solution may already exist to this particular problem.

http://forums.debian.net/

The Toolman :)

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

(Mark Twain)

Inspiration can be found in a pile of junk. Sometimes, you can put it together with a good imagination and invent something.

(Thomas Edison)

#4 rufwoof

rufwoof

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

I suspect the answer you'd get from the Debian Forum would be

https://wiki.debian.org/DontBreakDebian#Don.27t_make_a_FrankenDebian

i.e. your /etc/apt/sources.list isn't standard Debian https://wiki.debian.org/SourcesList

Edited by rufwoof, 14 September 2017 - 12:31 PM.

Debian and OpenBSD multiboot's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users