Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is my router infected ?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 AmirWG

AmirWG

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:10 PM

i think i am in big trouble right now , trying to fix my internet connection since two weeks and nothing is working i am getting redirect from a website called msftconnecttest.com/rediect then url changes to
213.158.165.131:9091/?url=www.tedata.net/eg/ar/Help-And-Support/Forgot-Your-CPE-Password i end up getting DNS ERROR , i belive it's a url from an internet provider (not mine) ,
i did contact my internet provider they did not provide anything helpful , the redirect stopped once i changed my dns from auto to google puplic dns but still getting that DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error on every page i am hoping for some good tips here thanks in advance

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 31 August 2017 - 04:16 PM.
Duplicated topic deleted.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 70,429 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:30 PM

Hello AmirWG

Check Your Router for Malware

​Scan your computer

MiniToolBox
  • Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
  • Checkmark the following checkboxes:
    • Flush DNS
    • Report IE Proxy Settings
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings
    • Report FF Proxy Settings
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings
    • List content of Hosts
    • List IP conf[iguration
    • List Winsock Entries
    • List last 10 Event Viewer log
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
SXvL3ZF.pngTDSSKiller
  • Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.
  • Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.
  • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
  • If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
  • If no reboot is required, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
zcMPezJ.pngAdwCleaner
  • Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
lv0mVRW.pngJunkware Removal Tool
  • Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
And finally I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan:
  • It is recommended to turn off your antivirus program. Click on the E5rfZI9.png button to see which antivirus is currently enabled:
c4VVzVO.png
  • Turn off your antivirus program. See here how to do this.
  • Check the option beside: Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
  • Now click on Advanced Settings and make sure that the option Clean threats automatically is NOT checked, and select the following:
Enable detection of potentially unsafe applications
Enable detection of suspicious applications
Scan archives
Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Click on the Change button and select only Operating memory, Autostart locations and drive C:\ to be scanned.
yKulboi.jpg
  • Push the dtoGjAL.png button.
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
8L8IBHJ.png
  • When the scan completes a list of found threats will open automatically (if any malicious files are found).
imxEgHt.png
  • Push thecRhRYZ8.png button and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan.txt. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the 9IjfdXq.png button.
  • Check the box beside RHzfZB1.png to uninstall the application when closed.
  • Push Vc3btaC.png and the close the application clicking the X in upper right corner.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 AmirWG

AmirWG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

Can i download one of those tools only ?
I am using a data plan and it's rough to download all of those

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 70,429 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

Do mini and ESET
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 AmirWG

AmirWG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

Wait Why my topic is deleted it's not the same Problem it's little bit diff. and the other one did not help me much

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 70,429 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

L'll look at that they probably thought it a dupe

back in a few

#7 AmirWG

AmirWG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:47 PM

Do mini and ESET

Why i am supposed to check my pc with those tools the problem is with my router i will be downloading them anyways and be will be giving you results asap thanks for your help

Edited by AmirWG, 31 August 2017 - 04:50 PM.

#8 AmirWG

AmirWG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:09 PM

i am doing mini rightnow does it long to finish ? it's lagging my pc

Edited by AmirWG, 31 August 2017 - 05:09 PM.

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 70,429 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:21 PM

5 min ESET is longer

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 70,429 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:27 PM

if there is an infection on the pc it can move to the router.

booting to safe mode with networking may make things run smoother.

#11 AmirWG

AmirWG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

Well mini just finished
Should i send you the results or post them here ?
Will be doing eset but cannot find download link when i click on your link it gives me blank page

Edited by AmirWG, 31 August 2017 - 05:31 PM.

#12 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 70,429 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:40 PM

Post here

link
http://download.eset.com/special/eos/esetonlinescanner_enu.exe

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 70,429 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:10 PM

BTW was that other topic this same computer>

An Idea.. can you go to another computer somewhere and download the tools to a flash drive or CD.
You can do that with ESEt

#14 AmirWG

AmirWG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:54 PM

i am really really sorry for being too late to reply using a mob with a small data plan is rly annoying i could not upload or post anything can any one give me any fast solutions or something like that
I am rly in big trouble , i hope my topic is still alive sorry for any inconvenience

Edited by AmirWG, 05 September 2017 - 08:55 PM.

#15 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 70,429 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:36 AM

Were you able to at least do the Check your Router for Malware from Post 2?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users