Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about cooling pads!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wolfz12

Wolfz12

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

Greetings folks!

So basicaly I purchased my laptop for the sole purpose of gaming (lenovo Z5170)... so as you would imagine I recently purchased a cooling fan since I noticed that its temperature is rising alot whenever I play a demanding game... I had about 3 friends of mine who were in the same situation as I am so they bought one aswell and surprisingly it causes motherboard / graphics card failure after some time so I figured that I'd just connect the cooling pad to my mobile charger via my usb cable to a power source...So my question is will this cause any damage to the cooling pad on the long term since I can't see the power requirement written on it? Thanks in advance! smile.gif 

P.S. My charger's output is 0.2 amperes and 5 volts and this is the cooling pad I bought (dual fans)

http://www.kanbkam.com/eg/en/2b-lf015-notebook-cooling-pad-silver-11723177

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 873 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

at least not to the fans!

I don't think you'll hurt your charger,  fans are brushless motors and low current.

if the fans are spinning at a good speed then your probably ok,  if they look like they are spinning slow then you probably need a higher current output charger....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users