Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 - LiveKernelEvent Code 141

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:00 PM

Okay, what was the outcome of the hardware diagnostics mentioned in post two? Please try putting your graphics card on another PCI-E slot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#17 The_Brophy

The_Brophy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:49 PM

68 Celsius cap on Furmark, no issues noted. No other diagnostics have been run at this time, would you you have a priority in running them? I will try swapping PCI-E slots as well.

#18 The_Brophy

The_Brophy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:20 AM

Per my earlier blue screen, got the following dumps from the WhoCrashed app:

On Tue 9/5/2017 6:43:06 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090517-5265-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: watchdog.sys (watchdog+0x355E)
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x5, 0xFFFF9E8234957000, 0xFFFF9E82373F7010, 0x9FB3)
Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\watchdog.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Watchdog Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 9/5/2017 6:43:06 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0xD6AF7)
Bugcheck code: 0x119 (0x5, 0xFFFF9E8234957000, 0xFFFF9E82373F7010, 0x9FB3)
Error: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9ab613610b40aa98\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 385.28
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 385.28
Bug check description: This indicates that the video scheduler has detected a fatal violation.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 385.28 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR

Edited by The_Brophy, 06 September 2017 - 12:21 AM.

#19 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,469 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:36 AM

Yes, please run ALL the hardware diagnostics. 

#20 jera22

jera22

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:19 PM

Hello guys, I have THE SAME exact problem as the original poster... Did you manage to fix that? I get black and green screens for a split second and every game crashes after few minutes of play. Even youutoube and facebook videos crash the drivers. Graphic card is working fine (I tried it on another computer) and I tried different PSU same results. Please help :(
My specs:

Ryzen 5 1600
Nvidia GTX 1060
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz  1 stick
MSI B350 Gaming Pro
Corsair VS450

#21 The_Brophy

The_Brophy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:11 PM

Hey man,

Sorry to hear you're having the same issues as me lol. I'm in the process of moving so I unfortunately won't be able to resume troubleshooting for another week or so, but I am still experiencing the issues.

I'm attempting to run a number of diagnostics (provided in first reply) to try to determine if it is in fact a hardware problem

#22 jera22

jera22

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2017 - 03:15 PM

I got the motherboard and RAM few days ago. Before that I had i5 4460 and it worked perfectly. I think that ram incompatibility or motherboard might be the problem. I frequently get 3 long beeps at booting indicating ram problem.. 

#23 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,469 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:31 AM

Hello guys, I have THE SAME exact problem as the original poster... Did you manage to fix that? I get black and green screens for a split second and every game crashes after few minutes of play. Even youutoube and facebook videos crash the drivers. Graphic card is working fine (I tried it on another computer) and I tried different PSU same results. Please help :(
My specs:

Ryzen 5 1600
Nvidia GTX 1060
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 2400Mhz  1 stick
MSI B350 Gaming Pro
Corsair VS450

Please start your own topic... after following the instructions here: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

@The_Brophy, thank for the update

#24 The_Brophy

The_Brophy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay, finally got the moved straightened away. Issue is still persisting and the following benchmarks have been run:

Furmark: No issues, capped at 64 Celsius

Carrona MemDiag: No issues noted

I also tried reformatting Windows once again to eliminate the possibility of a driver issue, and am still experiencing issues.

#25 The_Brophy

The_Brophy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2017 - 01:48 AM

Just ran Valley Benchmark, no issues on extreme HD: 83 FPS, 3471 Score. 

With both video tests run, could I rule out my graphics card being the issue?

#26 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,469 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:53 AM

With both video tests run, could I rule out my graphics card being the issue?

No of course not, software hardware tests are never 100% accurate!

Have you run the rest of the tests, e.g. Prime95, SeaTools? Have you tried a different PCI-E slot? Can you send me a picture of your PSU voltages?

#27 The_Brophy

The_Brophy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:37 PM

I will run both of those tests tonight, will let you know results tomorrow. And unfortunately, with the size of my card and layout, I am unable to swap PCI-E slots. Also, I've attached Hardware Monitor Screenshots which includes PSU Voltage figures.

Furthermore, I did some more investigating and noticed whenever a "black flash" occurs and a code 141 is registered, within Event Viewer i noticed the following warning was concurrently registered: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I did some research on this and went to the following link: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-display-driver-nvlddmkm-stopped-responding-and-has-successfully-recovered/. Turns out my power options were on "Balanced" and PCI Express was on "Moderate Power Savings". Apparently a lot of people with this issue do not have ample power going to their cards, thus turning off this power saving feature will prevent your card from getting low power. I was expecting this switch to resolve my issue entirely, but it appears to only have reduced the issue in occurence.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   222.97KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.png   246.71KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3.png   247.73KB   0 downloads

#28 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 2,469 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:01 PM

I must be blind, but there are no PSU voltages from the rails?! Would you please send me the voltages from the BIOS instead?

#29 jera22

jera22

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:08 AM

Hi, I fixed my problem. My RAM were uncompatible with my board. So they gave me Gskill 2400MHz Ram and it made things even worse. I had no post at all. So finally they gave me gskill 3000Mhz and it works now. Try updating your bios on some other versions(they told me it might work) msi really made bleep motherboard here. Good luck.

#30 The_Brophy

The_Brophy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:55 AM

Gotcha, thanks for the info jera! How did you determine it was the RAM that was uncompatible? I've run a few memory diagnostics now with no errors, and what's frustrating is my brother has the exact same rig and has experienced no issues whatsoever.

Unfortunately, I have been away on work so have been unable to troubleshoot further. I'm almost wondering if the best troubleshoot step to take next would be to swap graphics cards between our rigs and see if I still experience issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users