Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

software request - for those that are good at solving a root cause of human focu

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 computerbroken

computerbroken

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:21 PM

software request - for those that are good at solving a root cause of human focus problem

what is the problem?

so i need to remember what the goal is, but there's lots of goals and lots of things to do

what's one possible solution?

* a note-taking software/app that can be made smaller so that it takes up like 1/4 of the screen
* and the other window would be chrome

what's the minimal need/requirement?

the #1 need/requirement is that i need the font to clearly visible

text is clearly visible when it's
* big
* & bold

* and sometimes, when there's many other text, coloured

i've simplified this problem to just this need

of course there should be small white space before the text since the text should be clearly visible

what's a really good positive that is not an absolute need/requirement?

* it's highly highly preferred that there's absolutely nothing else on the screen (meaning that window screen), so the software should be a clean UI

* should use comparatively low memory since i need many of them open on many virtual desktops

the software can be for win10, mac, or linux, i just need a solution

---

feel free to recommend any

* effective
* & good

solutions to this problem when on the desktop/laptop

---

what are some viable solutions to subsets of this problem?

* google glass with the good kind of software would fully solve this problem when out in the physical world
* it would also fully solve this problem when on the desktop/laptop

---

other possible solutions list

* two screens would be excessive for this kind of simple need
* none of the todo/task/etc software seems to be good

---

else

* a good recommendation in anything is something a person has tested and used (in like the recent 6 months since things change)

* please do not clutter up the thread if it's not helpful so that others do not have to read through clutter

Edited by computerbroken, 30 August 2017 - 08:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,583 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:38 PM

You don't say what OS you are using but, if Windows, how about Notepad ?  They don't come much simpler, you can size the window to any rectangular shape you like, and you can use any font on your system at a size up to 72 point with bold and italic options. Admittedly colour is a problem in Notepad. As Henry Ford said "You can have the car any colour you want, so long as you want it black !".

If you are not using Windows then I think I am safe in saying that every OS contains a similar text editor.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 PM

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

I am not sure this will meet your needs but in the Search Box of Windows 7 and above type "Sticky Notes" This will bring up a Sticky Note which is default yellow but can be changed to any color. The font or size when typing in the sticky note cannot be changed but you can open Office or a Office clone like Libre Office and type the size, color, font, of your text then copy and paste into the sticky note. You can have multiple sticky notes on the screen and you can change the size of the note by left dragging the lower right corner.

Edited by JohnC_21, 02 September 2017 - 01:51 PM.

#4 Old_Feller

Old_Feller

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:21 PM

Sticky notes is good, and they stay stuck! You can "enable ensights" and it works with cortana. It wouldn't be good for all situations/everyone, but for some us it would be nice to have something like sticky note, but with voice recognition so it would write what you say, and have a one word command to shrink it to an icon or even completely out of sight - or if you want to leave it open just say "end" or whatever and your back out of active note taking; and then you can make an inquiry or return to the work you were doing and it knows that anything it hears is not note taking. I'm not sure what the level of sophistication with sticky and Cortana's interplay is - I haven't used either much. And I'm not a programmer either. Perhaps I watch too much Star Trek. But it seems to me that we have to start vocally interacting with computers at some point. End.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users