Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ggeorgea

ggeorgea

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:48 PM

For the past 3 days I have an issue with updating windows 10 pro.

I Keep receiving this error message and do not know how to fix it or what is causing it

Any help would be appreciated

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x800705b4)

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:51 PM

Have you tried Windows 10 Media Creation tool.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

You might also want to have a read through:  Updating Windows 10 using the Windows 10 ISO file

If your computer is still on Version 1607 I would suggest using this method to "get over the hump" regardless of what that hump happens to be.

If you're already on Version 1703 then try:

to see if that fixes up whatever it is that's causing Windows Update to "burp."

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

Also, since different people seem to have found slightly different solutions, see:

https://www.thegeneralistit.com/blog/2016/03/27/recap-fixing-windows-10-update-error-0x800705b4/  Is referred to elsewhere and seems to work for most

https://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/376060-windows-10-windows-update-error-code-0x800705b4.html

http://windowsreport.com/windows-10-update-error-0x800705b4/  but do NOT download any program recommended in the text (ReImage Plus, in this case).  I include this only because a range of solutions are mentioned, including the SFC/DISM combo.  This article includes one of the more complex proposals I've seen.  This is last resort.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users