Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Request couldn't be handled.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dgentry322

dgentry322

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:38 PM

I have not been able to resolve this issue. I am  trying to get my outlook express to recieve and send messages from my live.com account but it keeps coming up with : An unexpected error occurred and your request couldn't be handled.

Any thoughts please?
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

In times past, I've used Lotus Mail, Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, and browsers to receive and send email.

Have you already tried your favorite browser to access your email account, to receive and send email?  Does the browser operations kick back a similar message?  I'm asking because...to rule in or to rule out the email server as being part of the problem.

Edited by RolandJS, 30 August 2017 - 12:48 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

Outlook Express must be set up to communicate with the web-based server...and you must decide how you want to set it up.  OE Is Unsupported.

The choice between IMAP and POP...IMO, is simply a choice of whether you want messages at the web-based outlook.com site...to be delelted when downloaded or to remain on the web-based server.  If OE is not setup with this information properly...then frustration can result.

http://www.pop2imap.com/

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/POP-and-IMAP-email-settings-for-Outlook-8361e398-8af4-4e97-b147-6c6c4ac95353

Info on Setting Up OE.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 30 August 2017 - 01:29 PM.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,525 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

Thanks Hamlius, your post taught me many things!

Like two down-field receivers in a football game, since the one receiver (Outlook Express) is unable to catch the ball, I was hoping the other receiver (browser) can catch the ball.  ?In short, if a browser can access the email account, then probably it is not a email-server problem?  And, I was assuming the email account can be accessed by both a browser and Outlook Express.

Edited by RolandJS, 30 August 2017 - 01:40 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:47 PM

Firstly , I'm no expert.  Just thought the information below was slightly relevant::::: sand effect, two steps forward, six steps back and all that

Windows Live Essentials which also had a program called Windows Live Mail inside the package. Except Windows Live Mail, Windows Live Essentials also contains a couple of other programs like Messenger, Movie Maker but most people were interested of course in Windows Live Mail. Unfortunately, Windows Live Mail was quite different from Outlook Express and wasn't really a substitute - instead it introduced different and more complicated user interface

Just a bunch of tripe ware introduced, and what they really needed to work on they didn't, almost as if it was a joke to play, like didn't they wonder what people were using daily at the time?  Simply amazing.

src::::: https://www.oeclassic.com/ar-outlook-express-windows-7

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,116 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:57 PM

Well, simply because I've had to deal with trying to wean people off Outlook Express (sometimes having to pry that security nightmare out of their metaphorical cold, dead hands) I have a lot of experience with the now also unsupported Windows Live Mail 2012 (which still works just fine for POP or IMAP, and there are no reports, yet, of gaping security holes).

WLM is probably the closest thing to OE, and the interface is far from complicated.

Apparently a lot of folks fell in love with the OE construct of identities that, from what I can determine, allowed something almost like separate Windows user accounts within the e-mail client itself for each e-mail account so that you could deal with one at a time rather than having a tree structure with all your e-mail accounts showing up.  Never used it, and since that concept has long ago passed from currency, regardless of how convenient, it's time to let go of it and OE in general.  There is no such thing as an adequately patched (from a security standpoint) version of OE these days.

Edited by britechguy, 30 August 2017 - 01:58 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#7 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 270 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

. . .   And, I was assuming the email account can be accessed by both a browser and Outlook Express.

Lastly, If you get it to work, some would like to hear about it.  Thanks in advance.

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

#8 tpayne094

tpayne094

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:23 AM

I suggest you to use another browser and check if you are able to access the Email account.

Let’s clear the cache and cookies from the browser and check if it resolves the issue. Refer the following Microsoft help article.
Delete and manage cookies
Also you can find a solution how to fix Outlook Express issue here http://www.mail-repair.com/

Hope this information is helpful. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users