Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bullet11

Bullet11

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:15 AM

My laptop is running on Win 10 Pro(Activated). I have been experiencing a boot problem since a while. When I power up my laptop it directly goes to the F2 setup screen instead of booting normally and directly to the desktop. I have to repeatedly press F12 and Enter button to boot the laptop to Boot option and from there I have to choose Windows Boot Manager to start my laptop normally to the desktop screen. Help please. Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:54 AM

Do a system restore, you will need to select a restore point prior to the date this problem started.

Press the Windows key and the R key to open the Run box.

When the Run box opens copy and paste rstrui.exe in the Run box, then press OK.

When System Restore opens tap/click on Next.  You will need to select a restore point prior to the date your problem started.  You will see a check box in the lower left portion of the page for Show more restore points to see more restore point options.

Follow the prompts to complete the system restore.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

Restore points may be damaged or missing at all, but sometimes the restoration of the previous configuration can help. However, this must be done a bit of preparation work.
Namely when Windows 8 came, there is not visible "Last Known Good" and also it is not possible to use F8 to run in safe mode. NB! These features still exist and work perfectly. 
Maybe it is to anyone interesting. These two following are my websites.
  1. Enable F8 Safe Mode Boot Menu - http://wiseidea.co.nf/f8.html
  2. How to restore the Last Known Good Configuration feature in Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 - http://wiseidea.co.nf/last_known_good.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users