Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uhm.... "previews of Security Rollups" in Optional Area of WU

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dragongirl

Dragongirl

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:11 PM

Ok so

I have Windows 7, I love it, wont part from it whatsoever,. However lately when updates are ready to be installed I normally go important/critical updates, but sometimes there are updates in the optional section of Windows Update and all of these are "Preview of monthly security rollup for {month  name}" or "Preview of monthly quality rollup for {Month name]"

Are these required to be installed if they are just previews of what is in the critical/important updates area ? Or should i just hide them ?

The kitten that used to be linked to here in this signature now has her forever home!! Thank you for taking the time to read this signature!

"This is the coolest place I've ever been, and I've only been alive for three days!" ~ Figment

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

This has been discussed before and, as you say, these are pre-views. The upshot of the earlier discussion was that you can safely ignore them. My understanding is that they are supplied for the benefit of enterprise type SysAdmins to allow them to check the updates before they install them on a company's worth of PCs.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Dragongirl

Dragongirl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 191 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

Oki doke I forgot of the old thread my bad, its just they came up again in my updates list. All is well! Thanks much!

The kitten that used to be linked to here in this signature now has her forever home!! Thank you for taking the time to read this signature!

"This is the coolest place I've ever been, and I've only been alive for three days!" ~ Figment

#4 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

microsoft fired their Q&A team (quality assurance) so basically if you download the preview you are basically doing the Q&A testing for Microsoft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users