Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AV Randomly turns off

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Epsen

Epsen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:28 PM

Ive used norton for a while. But one day i did a full system check and found a Heuristikk virus and it said it got removed but to be sure i downloaded malwearbyte (premium trail version) And i got thw virus removed (i hope i did) and it went fine until today where i checked norton and it was offline or something. It was only a red line and it said "more protection" so i checked the virus program check and saw that it was disabled, so i activated it again. But SOMETIMES it just turns off again. It can happen when i restart the PC or just regulary use it. But i belive it may have somthing to do with live scans with the two AV programs (Norton and Malwearbyte) since they both have live scans on. I also see inn the logg for norton that it blocked malwearbyte to accses somthing. Did malwearbyte disable norton that day since it was in its way? Just try to help me if you think it is somthing more serious like a virus.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:57 AM

Did you purchase MBAM or is it still in the trial version? Is this an every day thing with Norton not running in the background? If it is happening

every day then you can shut down MBAM for a day or two to see if Norton stays running in the background or not.

Read the info in this link as to how to exclude Norton from MBAM and MBAM from Norton. You may want to make those exclusions

if you have purchased MBAM. Permalink

Use the programs below to clean, remove adware and remove malware.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  • download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

Edited by buddy215, 31 August 2017 - 12:52 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users