I'm having an infuriating problem.
I'm running the latest version of Windows 10 Enterprise on an Alienware m17x r3.
Since Windows 8, the keyboard has been doing the following:
- pressing 'a' does nothing
- pressing 's' outputs '-' (pressing shift+'s' outputs '_')
- pressing '-' outputs 's' (pressing shift+'-' outputs 'S')
- pressing 'w' outputs 'a' (pressing shift+'w' outputs 'A')
- pressing keypad '2' outputs 'w' (pressing shift+keypad '2' outputs 'W')
- pressing 'd' outputs '2' (keypad '2' I'm almost certain)
- pressing shift+'d' executes the keypad down arrow.
- Nothing will output 'd' or 'D'
All other keys working normally.
I've upgraded and reinstalled windows several times and recently bought a new keyboard for the laptop. Same problem exactly.
I've run every sort of virus/malware/rootkit software countless times. I've also run every kind of hardware diagnostic I can find. No result. Windows thinks the keyboard is fine.
I'm using an external (USB) keyboard ATM.