Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to Login to Onedrive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheTramp

TheTramp

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:49 AM

Here is the thing: 

I have one desktop and one laptop, on both computers I have two accounts: mine and my better half. 

Both computers and both account have OneDrive. 

Recently, Onedrive on my account on the desktop stopped working (grey icon on taskbar) When I give him my credential, it froze.

Tried some tricks found on the internet, but no success. 

Managed to get in contact with OneDrive Support which gave me the same tricks I found on the internet:

taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall

Download the latest version and install that.

Since it did not work, they asked me to create a new account and try there: that worked....

So their final answer was:

As your OneDrive is working in new user account that means the original user account is corrupted. So, you need to transfer your data from your old user profile to new user profile and start using OneDrive in new account.

Since that was not a solution for me (I have too much stuff on this account) I decided to try uninstall and remove any trace of OneDrive by cleaning the Registry, and reinstall it again. 

But I have not solved my issue.

This is what happens:

Attached File  Onedrive 0.PNG   16.71KB   0 downloads

I type in my email, and this appears:

Attached File  Onedrive 1.PNG   18.76KB   0 downloads

Now, I don't have a business account, and when I created the Test account and OneDrive worked, it did not ask me this...

But I go ahead and click Personal:

Attached File  Onedrive 2.PNG   3.38KB   0 downloads

This windows shows "Loading..." in the middle for a few seconds and the disappears, leaving that blank screen.

And that's it: nothing, dead...

Even if i try the Business side, it will ask me for my credentials, but my email is not registered.

Attached File  Capture 2b.PNG   12.6KB   0 downloads

So I am stuck... Any suggestions?

Edited by TheTramp, 29 August 2017 - 06:51 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:07 AM

I agree with the advice you were given from the One Drive support.  Just transfer you user profile to the new account.  It isn't difficult.

Customize the Default User Profile by Using CopyProfile | Microsoft Docs

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users