Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WIFI works better when using battery than plugged [Lenovo Y50-70]

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rafaellozz

rafaellozz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:04 AM

Hello,
I have big problem with my Lenovo Y50-70. Yesterday I changed thermall paste and after this temperatures went correctrly down but... I realized that when my laptop is plugged the WIFI connection is very bad. It sees avaible networks but I can't connect or the connection is slow or it is connected and show yellow exclamation mark with "unidentified network". When I unplug it and it works on battery the internet connection is a lot better, it is stable and I can normally use it like before. I saw that when I come closer to the router with plugged laptop it works better but still it isn't best performance. When I unplug - exact in the same second internet start to go faster and when I plug - exact in the same second internet goes slowly.

The performance in games is still better when plugged, only WIFI works badly. In power options there is high performance mode in both and the network card is in high performance mode too.

First time in my life I see something like this. Please help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users