Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microphone bar has full green bar, please help me mods

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 xmimiona

xmimiona

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:00 PM

Attached File  bandicam 2017-08-29 05-58-17-965.jpg   47.56KB   0 downloads

Its been couple of months already, now i really need it and i need help, i couldnt find answers online tbh.

i tried reinstalling sound drivers n microphone too. smh. :nono:  :huh:  :unsure: 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:04 PM

Please explain what you are trying to do and what is happening when you try it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 xmimiona

xmimiona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:13 PM

Please explain what you are trying to do and what is happening when you try it.

Whether i talk or not, the microphone bar is always full.

and when i try to record my voice it doesnt pick up at all

#4 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,026 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:14 AM

Does the microphone work okay if you plug it into another machine?

#5 xmimiona

xmimiona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:43 PM

Does the microphone work okay if you plug it into another machine?

Its a built in microphone, the bar is always full, thats why it cant pick up my voice anymore, unless i remove the bar thingy, but i dont know how to do it, its stuck, even if i disable and enable it or i restart my laptop, or even reinstalling the drivers :) 

#6 dziabong

dziabong

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

For me it smells like a hardware problem.

When you record something now, do you really get nothing but loud noise?

I guess the problem doesn't appear when you connect an external microphone, does it?

Edited by dziabong, 31 August 2017 - 02:27 PM.

#7 xmimiona

xmimiona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:32 AM

For me it smells like a hardware problem.

When you record something now, do you really get nothing but loud noise?

I guess the problem doesn't appear when you connect an external microphone, does it?

I feel like its not a hardware problem, cuz like it just happened suddenly, but i ignored it for months, i THINK it could have happened after i connected my projector to my laptop through HDML? could that make it get stuck?
When i record now and play the recording, i wont hear anything. And if i enable the checkbox, thats when i start hearing the noise. (in the pic)

Attached File  moc.png   30.93KB   0 downloads

I tried an external mic, through bluetooth, and i recorded and was able to hear my voice :)

Edited by xmimiona, 01 September 2017 - 01:34 AM.

#8 dziabong

dziabong

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

Hmmm...

Let's make an experiment. Please download Audacity (http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/) and record let's say 5 secs of silence and then start talking for 5 secs and then shout for another 5 secs. Plese provide screenshot containing whole track and rest of program window.

#9 opera

opera

• Members
  • 1,026 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:19 AM

I see you showed a few more screenshots here

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/recording-playback-microphone-is-stuck-with-full/1bee64a4-7410-427e-9f72-ee63803aebdf?auth=1

#10 dziabong

dziabong

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:16 AM

As for me it is hardware. It seems we've got some unwanted current which distorts the signal. Haven't your laptop had some adventures like contact with liquids, shocks or... ground?

The only thing which doesn't fit is that silence on recordings. It should be a noise. That's why I want to see the Audacity screen.

#11 xmimiona

xmimiona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:41 AM

As for me it is hardware. It seems we've got some unwanted current which distorts the signal. Haven't your laptop had some adventures like contact with liquids, shocks or... ground?

The only thing which doesn't fit is that silence on recordings. It should be a noise. That's why I want to see the Audacity screen.

There was no adventures LOL, i think it changed over night, i dont remember clearly since couple of months passed.

but do you think getting this fixed will cost a lot? :o

I already had audacity, i recorded n it was like this the whole time.

Attached File  ad.png   39.74KB   0 downloads

#12 dziabong

dziabong

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

It's nothing but huge dc offset. Something like this won't be perceptible as noise indeed.

If it was my laptop I would get used to using external mic. It can be even the cheapest one.

Costs of fixing? No idea. I think it is even possible that this isn't fixable at all. But it is also possible that it is just tiny little thing.

If you decide to have it fixed please let us know what was the final diagnosis of service center.

#13 xmimiona

xmimiona
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:13 AM

It's nothing but huge dc offset. Something like this won't be perceptible as noise indeed.

If it was my laptop I would get used to using external mic. It can be even the cheapest one.

Costs of fixing? No idea. I think it is even possible that this isn't fixable at all. But it is also possible that it is just tiny little thing.

If you decide to have it fixed please let us know what was the final diagnosis of service center.

Ill get used to using the external mic aswell, recording isnt as important as the speakers n audio :) uk?

hmm idk if i wanna bother checking if its can get fixed or not, im lazy and i alrdy purchased another external mic through ebay

i contacted someone on a website that has been helping ppl with tech stuff since 1998, he also thinks its a hardware problem :)

thanks to the both of u :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users