Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus Q511L Will Not Power On

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 swillia9

swillia9

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:39 PM

Hello,

I'm totally new to this forum, but am in need of some help. We opened up my brothers computer to blow out the accumulated dust, especially around the fan area, which required me to remove the whole heatsink and detach, what I'm assuming was the display cable and of course the battery to prevent issues. Well, after cleaning it and putting fresh thermal compound on the heatsink and reconnecting everything the bloody thing will not turn on. I've tried removing the CMOS battery and stuff and doing a hard reset and all that jazz. Nothing is turning on still. The only thing that turns on is the light to the battery and the little light that has a light bulb next to it has come on, but nothing else will turn on. Any ideas and how to fix the issue?

Thanks,

swillia9

Edit: This is an Asus Q551L, I had a typo.

Edited by swillia9, 28 August 2017 - 07:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,005 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

By hard reset do you mean pull the battery, power, and then hold the power button down for 30 seconds? If yes then you will need to check all your connections again. Was the display cable the only one you detached?

#3 swillia9

swillia9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

By hard reset do you mean pull the battery, power, and then hold the power button down for 30 seconds? If yes then you will need to check all your connections again. Was the display cable the only one you detached?

Yes, that is what I did. I've checked and rechecked the cables. No, the display cable was not the only one. I had to disconnect the fan obviously to blow the crud out of it and I disconnected the battery too. 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,005 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

If all cables have been double checked then I think at this point you are going to have to take it to a good shop, sorry. Somebody else on the forum may have some other ideas. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users