I'm totally new to this forum, but am in need of some help. We opened up my brothers computer to blow out the accumulated dust, especially around the fan area, which required me to remove the whole heatsink and detach, what I'm assuming was the display cable and of course the battery to prevent issues. Well, after cleaning it and putting fresh thermal compound on the heatsink and reconnecting everything the bloody thing will not turn on. I've tried removing the CMOS battery and stuff and doing a hard reset and all that jazz. Nothing is turning on still. The only thing that turns on is the light to the battery and the little light that has a light bulb next to it has come on, but nothing else will turn on. Any ideas and how to fix the issue?
Edit: This is an Asus Q551L, I had a typo.
Edited by swillia9, 28 August 2017 - 07:11 PM.