Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi! I'm new here

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 barb_hardy

barb_hardy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:54 PM

I'm pulling my hair out looking for a video editing program that is easy to use and will work with both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.  I've tried Freemake to no avail; Wondershare; no luck there; and so many others I can't remember them all.

What I'm looking for something similar to Freemake Full program that allowed me to convert and trim as well as download and convert youtube.  Freemake used to work so well, but now that they've started charging - even though I've paid their fee -- it does NOT work.  

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what may be a better solution?  I've tried nch and avc -- I have IqMango -- and some others that are much more complicated than Freemake, or they don't include all the functions that I need.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:18 AM

You didn't exactly say, but it sounds like you are looking for a free editor that has advanced features. What you are experiencing is typical of the free software out there; either it is inadequate for what you want to do or it just doesn't work, and usually both. Video editing is the most complicated graphics field of all and demands the most resources on a computer of any software out there. You are syncing thousands of individual pictures in order (frames), color, images and sound all together in rapid succession to create a smooth-flowing clip.

The only suggestion that I can make is Pinnacle Video Editor; it can be purchased for under $100, does not have the best reputation for dependability, and you have to be prepared to spend hours in a learning curve. There used to be a good forum website for support (forget trying the company, all you will get is frustrated). There are others out there such as Sony Vegas, but you will pay more and have an even steeper learning curve.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 barb_hardy

barb_hardy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

I'm not necessarily looking for "free" software, although if it worked I'd take it.  I've already purchased Freemake's "full pack" and hardly any of it works as it should.  Most of the time it shuts down before it finishes the project.  I have been through several programs that offer a "free" trial for a limited time, and none of them work as I need it to.  All I'm looking for is something I can use to mark the beginning and end of a clip, cut it and save it.  Period.  I need nothing else.  If a simple cutter is considered  an "advanced feature", well, then I guess I'm looking for "advanced features".  BTW:  I won't pay $100 for some that has a bad reputation and I have to spend untold hours leaning how to operate. I'm already out $98 for something that doesn't work at all and I'm having a devil of time getting my money back.

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

I feel your pain...I have been down the road. As I said, I use Pinnacle and have done extensive work with it, but I learned its quirks and workarounds over time.

Here is a link that I hope will be helpful; these are free for use, so at least you won't be out any money!

BTW....VideoHelp is the foremost help forum for all things video as of this writing. I have given you two links, one to the main video editing programs page, and the other to the free video editors. You might want to peruse the users' reviews on each program you might consider using, it can give you good tips on the strengths and weaknesses of each.

https://www.videohelp.com/software

https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/video-editors-basic

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#5 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:51 PM

hi,

a very good video editor is the sony vegas either vegas studio or vegas pro

if you search eaby (global) you can find older versions of sony studio and vegas pro at very cheap prices !!!!!!!!!!

i would suggest vegas pro 10 or vegas studio 10 since you can import .mp4 (mpeg-4) previous vegas version does not support .mp4 video files 

for the moment forget any downloads from youtube (via broswer plugin, youtube downloader) simply because youtube have totally changed it's core engine

i think there some online video converter sites that is still working for youtube videos

i would not recommend ''at all'' a free video editor the same time you can buy a pro grade video editor such as this !!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Vegas-Pro-14-Full-Version-/322584470561?hash=item4b1b886421:g:08AAAOSw~jNZYbYU

Edited by nickos, 07 September 2017 - 12:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users