Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How I put an ocean between me and my broken marriage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 PM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:39 PM

by Sheridan Jobbins.....

I returned home from a business trip to discover the man I was married to had changed.

It wasn't a vague thing – there was a stranger in my bed.

When pressed to define his problem, he relented, saying he couldn't stand the thought of sleeping with only one woman for the rest of his life – and that was that.

""They say it takes half the length of a relationship to get over it.

I don't know if that's true, but I definitely spent the same amount of time in agony that I spent in ecstasy  ""

Our lives changed forever. I descended through the three stages of betrayal.

Forensic: Sifting through our lives for incriminating evidence, I found a single strand of yellow hair, a new shirt and a phone bill with lots of calls to an unusual number.

Judicial: I confronted him with the hair, the shirt and the bill. He wanted to deny it, but his body betrayed him. He went white with horror.

Postal: Using a fork, I shredded the shirt, which had been a gift to him from the blonde. I stabbed it in the pocket, in the back, in the chest, in the stomach. I dragged the fork through the white loose weave (a lovely Egyptian cotton) until the tines twisted, the head bent back and there was nothing left but a sad, tattered flag of defeat.

He moved out.

Has anyone had similar experiences....male or female perspective..... ??

Read on ...

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/life-and-relationships/why-my-marriage-breakdown-spurred-me-to-finally-follow-my-childhood-dream-20170824-gy315i.html

(from Wish You Were Here by Sheridan Jobbins )

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

Dude, let me tell you this whole text written by Jobbins just screams 'newbie', lol.:lmao: That's amateur level of marital anger; the things I've seen you wouldn't believe. I am pretty sure most marriages' partners have similar problems. With that being said, and without co-operation between the people in the relationship, as it is in the example in the quote, I don't see a situation where this marriage lasts. I mean, c'mon, the guy cheated and is not even sorry about it, it would appear. No way that this is one of those situations where turnaround is in sight and salvaging the relationship is feasible. In the end, though, only the parties involved can decide for themselves, as they operate with the most information. If you happen to be considering divorce or something similar, all I could realistically advise you is to not let yourself go too much if you have kids for their sake first and yours as well. Good luck, mate!:)

#3 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:08 PM

Also, good luck to Sheridan, although I think that things have worked out well for her, as she mentions in the text that she is in her mid 30s, whereas she is actually 58 right now, so that America trip must have done good to her.:thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users