Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 enterprise won't boot up blue screen. No safe mode.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 celiodalmagro

celiodalmagro

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:41 AM

Hi my dell laptop with windows 7 enterprise is crashing on startup and displaying the blue screen. Unable to boot in safe mode or any other modes. Startup recovery also can't repair. Done a system restore to a previous point but that didn't help. Ran CHKDSK but that didn't help.

Any help?

Attached Files

Edited by celiodalmagro, 28 August 2017 - 08:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,953 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:45 PM

What's the model of the laptop? Dell computer typically have bootable hardware diagnostics built-in and can be accessed by repeatedly tapping the F12 key when the Dell logo appears as you restart your computer. Please run them (run the LONG test please).

If those hardware diagnostics pass, suggest you run this other set of third-party bootable hardware diagnostics. BTW, have you made changes to BIOS settings, such as changing the controller mode from legacy to AHCI in the BIOS? If so, please revert those changes.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 celiodalmagro

celiodalmagro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I hadn't changed anything on the bios as I didn't have the password. But I came across a website the generates bios password and that worked. So I changed to ATA and it booted ok. Thanks for your time.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 2,953 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 02:25 PM

Thanks for letting us know. Glad to hear that the problem is resolved.

Regards,

bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users