Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

was using 4 digit pin.....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Harold Knutz

Harold Knutz

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:54 AM

Hi-  I was using the 4 digit pin.....got an error and Windows 10 rebooted on it's own, came back up asking for my password;  however nothing I tried worked.  Does anyone know of a proggie to bypass or change the password or get back to the pin?  

I used Hiren's boot cd to no avail....was wondering if a Linux live disk would work?  Thanks in advance for all help given. :scratchhead:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dhagerjohns

dhagerjohns

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:07 AM

Hi-  I was using the 4 digit pin.....got an error and Windows 10 rebooted on it's own, came back up asking for my password;  however nothing I tried worked.  Does anyone know of a proggie to bypass or change the password or get back to the pin?  

I used Hiren's boot cd to no avail....was wondering if a Linux live disk would work?  Thanks in advance for all help given. :scratchhead:

There should be an option under the password window to get back to pin.  It should say something like change login method.

#3 PeaB4YouGo

PeaB4YouGo

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

There should be an option under the password window to get back to pin.  It should say something like change login method.

The only issue here will be, once you're back in to the system using the PIN, you'll still need to know the current password to change to a new password.  

#4 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

If You really cannot remember Your current password, activate built in Administrator account and use it to change what You want.
And if it is done, make password recovery USB. It is asked nearly every week, how and what to do, if forgot password, maybe You can find, if search a bit.

If you really can't find it, we'll be writing again.

#5 clayto

clayto

• Members
  • 470 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:16 AM

I guess you have tried clicking the 'this  Pin Code does not work' link in Settings, to reinstate and if required change the Pin? (This has just happened to me).

I think you should be able to change your password without the old one, online at your MS account page ---- did yo set any security questions when you first signed up?  

#6 Harold Knutz

Harold Knutz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:53 AM

I do not have an option to switch back to pin....and I have used the MS password reset site 4-5 times w/ no luck? I think it has to do with that update or build?  Still cannot get past it.....

#7 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:23 AM

I do not have an option to switch back to pin....and I have used the MS password reset site 4-5 times w/ no luck? I think it has to do with that update or build?  Still cannot get past it.....

Do you mean that for 3 months this issue was of no concern to you?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users