Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SSD not detected when monitor plugged in

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 toekneep

toekneep

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:14 AM

Hi folks, random issue that I'm hoping someone has encountered before. New PC built around 6 weeks ago, all running fine. New monitor bought a week ago, all running fine.

Specs as follows:

MSI B-350M Arctic MB

Ryzen 1500 CPU

8gb ram

Geforce GTX1050ti video card running AOC 27" via DP and Acer 24" via DVI

WD Green 240gb M.2 SSD - boot drive

WD Blue 2tb HDD

EVGA 650w PSU.

Over the weekend, unable to detect bootable device after working fine the night before. Check the bios, and sure enough it isn't there - the other HDD is there though.

Start pulling it apart, and as soon as I disconnect one of the monitors (AOC 27" via DP) the red debug light turns off. System boots normally. Plug monitor back in. Runs fine. Happy days...

Rinse repeat, every time I shut down, the red light for Boot failure comes on the MB. 

Has anyone ever encountered this before, and if so what's causing it? Asking the retailers is getting me nothing, no replies at all. 

Any insight would be great as this is driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

Try going to the control panel, to device manager, the monitors and uninstall all monitors then reboot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users