Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which exchange has the lowest transaction fee?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chushkin

chushkin

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:47 PM

I know that the transaction fee varies from site to site, but which one has the lowest? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 imhome

imhome

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:43 AM

I know that the transaction fee varies from site to site, but which one has the lowest? 

The lowest, as far as i know is on Bithumb 0.15% for small transactions.

#3 chushkin

chushkin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:20 AM

Does it go lower for larger amounts?

#4 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,553 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:29 AM

Would the exchange you are asking about be for currency?

A transaction fee is different than currency conversion fees.

1) foreign transaction fee is charged on credit card transactions outside the country where the card was issued.

2) Currency conversion fees are the result of Dynamic Currency Conversion, or DCC. This fee is charged by an overseas merchant to convert transactions into dollars (or whatever your home country’s currency is).

Full article to assist you with clarification for your needs: https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-cards/foreign-transaction-vs-currency-conversion-fees-difference/

From nerdwallet, they have general information about where to exchange currency without paying huge fees:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/banking/exchange-currency-paying-huge-fees/

Are you traveling from the USA?

My experience when travelling to Europe: I need a credit/debit card and currency. Not all countries will take credit cards unless they have a PIN. The fees, taxes, exchanges, available locations to exchange currency differ from country to country. And, fees can change daily. Of course, my opinion.

P.S. Welcome to BleepingComputer!  :welcome:

#5 imhome

imhome

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:03 AM

Does it go lower for larger amounts?

It does based on volume. Bithumb also sells coupons for fixed amounts that have extremely low fees which is why so many people use them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users