Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 freezing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 havenoidea

havenoidea

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:56 PM

I recently installed win10 on my new desktop. I am having problems with it freezing and having to restart to get it to work, only to freeze again. 

Windows 10 Home

Version: 1607 (OS Build 14393.1593

64 bit

Keep getting message: Scripted Diagnostic Host has stopped working

CLSID:FX:(b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb5103 fail

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

Perform Clean Boot state to see problem resolves.

How to perform a Clean Boot.

Warning: Disabling items in Services or Startup may leave your anitivirus disabled until the process is ended. For this reason I would suggest that you perform this process off line.

Press the 7W6b39o.png keys to open Run, then type msconfig in the search box. This will open System Configuration.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should enter the password or provide confirmation.

(1) Click/tap on the General tab.

(2) Click/tap on the Selective startup option.

(3) Remove the check mark in the Load startup items check box.

0JgaJnG.png

4. Click on the Services tab.

5. Place a check mark in the Hide all Microsoft services check box, this will remove the Microsoft Services from the list but will still be running.

6. Click Disable all, this will remove all of the check marks in the Services list.

yIKrmLs.png

7. Click on Apply then OK

ljHR4ZW.png

Click on Restart in the window that opens.

When the computer is restarted it will boot normally.

Let me know if the problem persists after restarting the computer.

I would like you to check the system integrity of your Windows OS installation.

• Please type cmd.exe into Start Menu search box.
  • Please right click cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator".
  • Please type the following command and press the <Enter> key: sfc /scannow (Please note that there is a space between 'sfc" and "/scannow".)
  • It should take about 20 minutes to run, if there are no serious errors.
  • If the System File Checker reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain; please reboot your computer and run the System File Checker from an Administrator Command Prompt, again.
  • If the System File Checker again reports that some errors were fixed, but some remain, please reboot your computer and run it a third time.
  • If "Resource Integrity Violations" (errors) are reported that could not be corrected, or were not corrected after a third SFC run, then please navigate to the folder: C:\Windows\Logs\CBS and copy the file "cbs.log" to your desktop immediately. I am asking you do that because that file is dynamic, so I want to be able to examine a copy that is unchanged from the time that the System File Checker was run.
  • If there are errors that couldn't be corrected, let me know and I will provide you with instructions as to how to upload the file

Posted Image

#3 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 933 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 27 August 2017 - 10:53 PM

Hi, you might solve this with an update to the latest version (creators) 

Your error message has13 characters in 7a4cbb7cb5103 which is not possible I suspect you meant:-

FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510}, which has this entry:-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MMC\SnapIns\FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510}

Which means you cannot open event viewer. You should have a dump file. It would be better if you updated your version, and if the problem continues, post back.

#4 havenoidea

havenoidea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:24 PM

Computer started back up fine after your instructions, ran integrity scan, no errors found. Checked for windows updates and all updates have failed.

#5 HyperHenry

HyperHenry

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:54 PM

Please download Speccy https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard. Speccy is a free diagnostic tool that shows the specs of your computer and information that could help determine a problem. When it finishes please click the file button, click Publish Snapshot, the click Copy to Clipboard. Return here and paste the link and post the new message. Also can you please tell us what you have for a PSU? We need name/model/and watts.

Edited by HyperHenry, 28 August 2017 - 08:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users