Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mayweather vs. McGregor

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:57 AM

Conor McGregor got knocked out (TKO) in the 10th round by Floyd Mayweather and thus lost the boxing match, even though I was hoping it'd be the other way around. Congratulations to Mayweather! The last time Mayweather lost was to Serafim Todorov, when Serafim Todorov beat him on points. :)

xWatch-Mayweather-McGregor-Online.png.pa

Edited by Just_One_Question, 27 August 2017 - 06:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:54 AM

i don't watch ufc or boxing, so i didnt have any interest in this anyway,

i just dont understand the point in matches like this, when they are in different sports, of course mayweather has the advantage, they are playing his sport,

isn't this like asking a table tennis champion, to step on a real tennis court and play against roger federer? :crazy:

Edited by mikey11, 27 August 2017 - 07:54 AM.

#3 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:17 AM

Yeah, I guess so.:lmao: I am not the biggest fan either, but I usually watch the big fights and sometimes when I get bored as well. I didn't watch a single hype video prior to this fight, so as not to fill my head with all that useless babble. I found it interesting to see the match exactly because McGregor wasn't a boxer, but an MMA fighter, so it was interesting to me to see how he'd compare to a retired professional and was hoping he'd win, because he was the underdog this way.:)

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,877 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

It is plain that an MMA opponent has no hope against a boxer.  When the 10th round started, McGregor couldn't hold his hands up,  even after getting hit in the face repeatedly.  Not really a fair matchup for such big money.

Edited by mjd420nova, 28 August 2017 - 09:20 AM.

#5 Just_One_Question

Just_One_Question
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

Well, I don't know much about boxing or fighting, but I don't think it was that much of a clear outcome of a boxing match, because McGregor is pretty young, strong and bigger and Mayweather is older and retired and I have been pretty amazed how bad do many retired footballers (soccer) play after just a couple of years off the pitch for charity events, so I assumed that this might be the case for Mayweather as well, but it wasn't.:)

#6 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 921 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:08 AM

Imo, this was all about fooling the public at large into thinking Conor had some sort of chance.  It seemed to have worked, based on what is being said about PPV sales.  Conor, pre tax and trainers fees is thought to have made about $100,000,000, while Mayweather's figures are being quoted as $326,000,000.

Floyd is one of the best boxers in history.  He totally enjoyed himself in that 'fight', and any success McGregor had early on, was because Floyd let him.

#7 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:51 AM

Floyd is one of the best boxers in history.  He totally enjoyed himself in that 'fight', and any success McGregor had early on, was because Floyd let him.

i didn't watch the fight but i could see that happening,

mayweather might have had instructions to make sure it was not a "short fight" if you know what i mean,

people would complain if it only went one or two rounds,

maybe mayweather was bribed with more money the longer he "let" the fight go on,

just speculation on my part,

Edited by mikey11, 28 August 2017 - 11:52 AM.

#8 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 747 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:06 PM

Didn't watch this, not into it anymore.

Used to love the fights, boxing and the older PKA ones ( professional karate association) until Tyson bit Holyfield's ear. I also highly dislike Don King.
MMA, at first, started out OK, but wound up to mainly grappling and Brazilian 
jiu-jitsu. Nothing wrong with that other than real life situations where adversaries might be more than one on one. Also lacks the media glitz. 

Wife and I once looked forward to a main boxing event only to find the non-event turned out to go down in history. 

Hagler vs- Hearns
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Hagler_vs._Thomas_Hearns

For any reading who doesn't mind pugilistic sports, YouTube has rounds 1, 2 and 3. 
Bleepin' desert rat retiree in climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

Past climes/best friend:  photo-91.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users