Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TrueCrypt unable to open hidden file

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zillah

zillah

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:37 AM

Dear Experts

I had created a hidden volume on USB Flash Drive (stick) and yes I remember the password today I tried to access it as below
http://imgur.com/a/kPFx9

TryeCrypt icon color is brown means volume is mounted
http://imgur.com/a/NKQlS

Problem when I double click on the volume to access it a message pops up if I want to format it !!!

what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,836 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:53 AM

I'm just throwing out a guess but if D: is the letter assigned to your flash drive change the letter assigned to it in Disk Management then try mounting the hidden volume again.

TrueCrypt is no longer supported, I would advise moving to VeraCrypt which is a fork of Truecrypt and fixed some of the things found in the audit of Truecrypt.

#3 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:12 PM

You can't just double click it...open True Crypt first, steer TC to the file/volume/container, then attempt to mount it, it should ask the password and/or key at that point...

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users