Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Resolution Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 silverdager509

silverdager509

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 PM

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:37 PM

I've recently had some monitor resolution issues going on, My HP LE2201w has a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1600, but when i crank the resolution up to anything higher than 1680 x 1050 i get a message saying, 'input signal out of range | Change settings to 1680 x 1050, when i got in to my monitor settings it says that the recommended is 1680  x 1050 and that its the default setting.. how do i change it to the resolution i want, because i know that my monitor is fully capable of attaining that resolution since when i boot it in safe mode it goes all the way to the top.. can anybody help, thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 13,730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:05 AM

Regardless of options that may appear in Safe Mode (which is a diagnostic mode in which you are likely being offered the maximum capability of the video card rather than the monitor), the HP LE2201w has a native resolution of 1680x1050 pixels:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c01772031#AbT2

The monitor cannot display any higher resolution than this on the screen. The video driver (which is not loaded in Safe Mode) should register the native resolution and VESA modes the monitor can display and not offer out of range values. If this gets overridden in the video settings, you'll get the response you describe as the monitor can't display the signal being sent.

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users