Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Games are freezing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ext4zy

ext4zy

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:25 PM

Hi Guys I bought a new Laptop a few weeks ago 

Asus R753U

Processor: Intel Core i7-7500 CPU @2.70GHz Turbo: 3.50GHz

RAM: 16GB

120SSD

1TB

Graphics : NviDiA GEFORCE GTX 950M 2GB

So Everytime i play a game the games constantly freees for 3 seconds and continues to be fine again after 1min does the same thing Any help PLS?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mike_Soda

Mike_Soda

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:39 PM

Hi Guys I bought a new Laptop a few weeks ago 

Asus R753U

Processor: Intel Core i7-7500 CPU @2.70GHz Turbo: 3.50GHz

RAM: 16GB

120SSD

1TB

Graphics : NviDiA GEFORCE GTX 950M 2GB

So Everytime i play a game the games constantly freees for 3 seconds and continues to be fine again after 1min does the same thing Any help PLS?

A number of things could be the cause, including but not limited to: malware, windows telemetry processes, updates, corrupt display drivers & bloatware. Research some of the preloaded software that came on your Laptop. If you can list here or determine on your own anything you might not need & can get rid of that can definitely help. Windows 10 can slow things down too if that's what you're running, if so try this video to disable some of the unnecessary things. Get a good Antivirus though, I recommend Microsoft Security Essentials if on an older OS or Defender on 10 plus Malwarebytes scanner only. Try updating your Nvidia GTX 950M drivers but do a clean install with DDU.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.112) | MasterCase Pro 3

#3 ext4zy

ext4zy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:00 PM

Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply! i did what the guy said in the video and i did the clean install with DDU, i will test it and let you know is it possible to give me a Good and Free Antivirus ? thank you! :)

#4 ext4zy

ext4zy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:04 PM

After i used Destroy Winodws Spy I can't Enable My Windows Defender? 

#5 Mike_Soda

Mike_Soda

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:09 AM

Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply! i did what the guy said in the video and i did the clean install with DDU, i will test it and let you know is it possible to give me a Good and Free Antivirus ? thank you! :)

After i used Destroy Winodws Spy I can't Enable My Windows Defender? 

There should be some settings to configure what Destroy Windows Spying disables & what it doesn't so Windows Defender can function. If not then revert everything it did & uninstall because it might be conflicting with whatever latest version/build of Windows 10 you have. Windows Defender & Malwarebytes (scanner only not the trial) are the two I use, Defender for real-time protection & Malwarebytes just for a weekly second opinion scan to Defender's. There are ways to manually stop most of the annoying & resource hogging things in Windows 10 although I think your issue is probably more to do with pre-installed bloatware, an update or faulty display drivers.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.112) | MasterCase Pro 3

#6 Mike_Soda

Mike_Soda

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:30 AM

Since I've gotta go soon, I'll list some things you can try & the order they should be done in, in my opinion.

1: Undo all changes Destroy Windows 10 Spying program did, look for a configuration option within the software to re-enable all or something.

2: Uninstall Destroy Windows 10 Spying, for the level of game lag (freezes) your experiencing I'm really starting to doubt Windows 10 is capable of that at this point because it's matured a lot since release.

3: Check what version of display drivers your using, 385.41 is the absolute newest but I'd also recommend 385.28 because that's what I'm still using with my 3GB 1060 & runs fine.

4: If you have an older version of display drivers then use DDU to completely uninstall your old ones. Be sure to follow the directions exactly, know your Windows 10 login password & extract the files before running it in safe mode.

5: If it works you should notice a graphical change in how your desktop is displayed, you can then download the latest drivers from here. Just pick your card, operating system & recommended/certified from the drop down menus. You can opt out of installing GeForce Experience App in the installation which I prefer to do.

6: If you're still experiencing lag then open Control Panel & list all your installed programs. Don't have to be exact just their basic names, then I can try to help you determine if there's any bloatware that could be the cause of your freezes.

7: Any other information you can provide me with will help, such as typing "winver" in your start menu & opening that app. It'll show what exact version & build of Windows 10 you're running, if it's behind then your lag could also maybe be caused be an Anniversary or Creators update downloading/installing in the background.

#7 ext4zy

ext4zy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:21 AM

Hello Sir again, 

So When i got this Laptop i got it from store (i live in germany btw) So it has the license it Was Installed And i think all the drivers were installed too, 

You can see Here What my windows is about ,, I installed The Newest Graphics drivers.

I have undone all changes What DWS did , I Enabled Windows Defender and i do not belive the problem is with the drivers 

Edited by ext4zy, 27 August 2017 - 09:21 AM.

#8 Mike_Soda

Mike_Soda

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

Hello Sir again, 

So When i got this Laptop i got it from store (i live in germany btw) So it has the license it Was Installed And i think all the drivers were installed too, 

You can see Here What my windows is about ,, I installed The Newest Graphics drivers.

I have undone all changes What DWS did , I Enabled Windows Defender and i do not belive the problem is with the drivers 

The only thing I can think of then is bloatware, open Control Panel then Programs and Features. Look through the list for anything not by Microsoft, Nvidia or another company you know is related to something you installed. Then just research that program to see what it does & if ya need it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users