Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop suddenly stopped working after restart

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pilgrimgrey

pilgrimgrey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:34 PM

I noticed that my anti-virus software (ESET) wanted me to do a restart, so I did, and now nothing is working.

First problem I noticed is that I couldn't run any programs.  An error message popped up with: 

ismagent.exe - Bad Image

"C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.windows.gdiplus_6595b64144ccf1df_1.1.7601.23688_none_5c0a8e35a00adeb9\gdiplus.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error."

"insufficient system resources to complete the requested service"

Then I got a blue screen with 

"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

The computer seems to run fine in safe mode.

Any advice on what to try would be awesome.

Computer specs:

Lenovo X230 Tablet

Windows 7 Professional

Service Pack 1

8 GB of ram

64 bit os

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 27 August 2017 - 04:28 AM

Try Tapping F8 continually at Boot {   After Bios / Before Win Logo  }, and the select from Options -  " Last Known Good Configuration"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users