Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow, virus scanner blocked, browser blocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 greenhenry

greenhenry

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:41 AM

*I'm getting a 'Error 524: timeout occurred' message when I try to post a full post with logs. I'm going to try attaching the logs instead as .txt files*

Hi,

Our desktop is running very slowly (8 minutes from switch on to Firefox loading)
and programmes are freezing and crashing. Sometimes when I start Firefox a red screen
loads with a message warning of infection and instructing me to call an 0800 number
(presumably a scam): the URL is ftp://3-333x000000i01-virus.com. When I try IE instead,
a 'site certificate' pop-up appears and keeps reappearing no matter what I do, preventing
browsing.

Java updates are failing at the end of the install. Software like Picasa is not running properly,
e.g. fails to find certain files and freezes or crashes.

A pop-up for 'Teamviewer' (not something I have installed myself) sometimes appears on starting
Windows.

Avaast freezes before completing a scan. I uninstalled it and tried Avira, which does the same thing
and won't launch at all in safe mode (neither will Trojan Remover).

In safe mode, Windows explorer keeps crashing.

My computer knowledge is pretty basic but using google I have tried a few things.

I ran CHKDSK in safe mode. It found an incorrect value but crashed before I could note it.

I ran System File Checker in safe mode. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix
some of them. Explorer crashes before I can save the log.

RKill, Trojan Finder, Hitman Pro and Malware Bytes all find no results.

Your help is much appreciated.

*Farbar Logs attached*

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 greenhenry

greenhenry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:25 PM

Apologies - the original post did go through despite the timeout message. Please see my post at 6.31pm on August 26th. Admins I assume this thread should be deleted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users