Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Behavior:Win32/Powemet.B!attk

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jefftrevi

jefftrevi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:31 AM

Hi Guys, Im Jeff from the Philippines. Im just having this problem in my PC. Every time I restarted my PC a Behavior:Win32/32Powermet.B!attk always detected in my Windows Defender. I usually deleted it and it is annoying that when I restarted my PC again it always detected and quarantined in the Windows Defender. I don't know where it came from and I cannot trace it in my PC. I am worrying now because when I've searched it in the internet it says that it is a harmful virus that slows down my PC. Please help me guys with this. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks

Edited by Platypus, 26 August 2017 - 10:46 AM.
Moved from Intro forum to allow investigation.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Daniel_Boringcliffe

Daniel_Boringcliffe

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:52 AM

Download and run Malwarebytes https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/dl/344//

It should remove it permanently, if not then update us 

You can also consider running JRT https://download.bleepingcomputer.com/dl/35a072b3d89261c07e86152f6b56640a/59a19a41/windows/security/security-utilities/j/junkware-removal-tool/JRT.exe

and adwcleaner https://toolslib.net/downloads/finish/1-adwcleaner/1032/get/p8dpQOJBgG2BX0J6F5jhz3im522wJO7O/

Edited by Daniel_Boringcliffe, 26 August 2017 - 10:58 AM.

#3 JoshRoss

JoshRoss

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:32 AM

Addition to anti-malware software, you can check your installed programs and try to remove any suspicious ones. Also, do a scan with anti-virus software of your choice. A full one, that usually gets rid of annoying and useless files.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:49 PM

Hi jefftrevi :)

If you still need assistance with this issue, let me know.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users