Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

infected with malware from fake KM Spico

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shinigami3107

shinigami3107

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:36 AM

I wanted to activate my windows 10 pro using KMspico but it turned out to be malware. It keeps changing my browser settings. it won't let me access task manager and windows smart screen. Please help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:46 AM

Did you have Windows 10 home before attempting to illegally get the pro version? Or did you have another OS?

Can you reinstall the prior Windows version before attempting to illegally install Pro?

Those sites offering the illegal stuff most often bundle malware and adware with their downloads.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Daniel_Boringcliffe

Daniel_Boringcliffe

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:26 AM

Piracy is not recommended nor allowed in here, but just between you and me, don't use any KMS cracks when trying to activate your win10, 95% of them are malware / malware downloaders. Now your only 100% problem solving option is to reinstall windows.

On the behalf of bleepingcomputer rules I am obliged to tell you that you shouldn't attempt this ever again. If you do then make sure that your AV is up and running and don't ignore its warnings. WD is good enough, but you can always switch to something else.

I would recommend avast since it has a free version and offers a good protection, although it can be pushy and tiresome about upgrading it to its paid version and by default it installs quite a few bloatware, like their downgraded version of Chrome, useless browser extensions, expensive VPN, etc. If you can't stand this then I would recommend buying eset.

Edited by Daniel_Boringcliffe, 26 August 2017 - 11:45 AM.

#4 JoshRoss

JoshRoss

• Members
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:34 AM

You can try a conventional method below:

1. Check your browser for any add-ons or extensions you do not recognize and remove them.
2. Check your installed programs and see if there isn't anything suspicious that was installed lately (If there is, simply remove them).
3. Install any popular antivirus and do a quick scan (Majority of the providers do have free versions of their software). Or just use Windows Defender. It works really well in most cases.
4. Install and scan your PC with Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro to clean most adware.

That should clean up the majority of the malware. If you are still struggling, let us know, we can provide a more thorough approach to cleaning up the issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users